Need a Santa to help me..

LChevele

Nov 30, 2011
I am being a good elf and have bought my 16 yr old daughter a white Pandigital 7' white novel form Big Lots for Xmas. She doesn't have a true smart phone., iphone or andriod phone like that but has a laptop.. Anyway.. My reasoning for buying this is because she plays concert level piano and figured this would be great for downloading sheet music and just having it on a tablet to play and read music.

My problem is I do not know enough on how to set up the thing to actually do this.
From what I am reading the item I bought, good price too I might add, is only capable of being updated to android version 1.5 correct?
And I would also have to crack it someway, to be able to have her use the android store, am I correct?

I am a newbie to learning about the Andriod environment, small computing, really.. I am still stuck in a windows world.LOL
Any help or advice would be great ! Be my santa...:)

Lisa :)

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
Go to the pandigital site and you can update the firmware (if it isn't already) to 2. something. You can go to settings and down at the bottom there is an "about" or "info" tab that lists the version you have.

As to market, you can get amazon market or slideme without changing things. To get Android market you need to do something. I have used a work by Kewlguy I think it is to allow market.

You can find most of what you want without market if you google for the name of the program, followed by .apk which is the extension for apps.

About using it for music I have no idea, hope google or someone here can help you.

If you search for kewlguy I think you will find into for the android market hack.

LChevele

Nov 30, 2011
Thanks for the info. I did that... and eventhough I havent even opened the box yet.. I am doing the research so when I do.. I can get it working for her.
If I do the upgrade from the manufactures website.. will it update the OS to 2.0 or better? Or will it just stay at 1.5?
Does anyone know? If so, please post it here.. Be Santa's helper too..

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
It does update to 2. something, fairly sure it is 2.0, maybe someone one else will know for positive.