Need a Source of Parts to Repair ESP E201U

RandyConstan

Dec 28, 2012
I have here a ESP E201U identity tablet, which a friend gave me a few weeks back to repair, only to find her parents gave her a new tablet for X-mas. So now its mine if I can fix it. I understand this is normally an expert level question, but I'm good at electronic repair, and always prefer to make my own repairs on laptops and such.

This should not be a terribly bad repair if I can find the part I need. The previous owner was having trouble with loose connections on the USB / Charger port, and apparently she got a little too rough with it trying to get it to work the last few times. When I disassembled it, I figured I'd be able to just re-solder the USB port. But sadly it was the type with 10 board connections instead of 5 (very tiny), and there was far too much damage to both the fine PC traces and the connector pins themselves to make a reliable repair. Fortunately the PC board with the USB port only contains a few parts, and should be a replaceable item. It contains the USB, solder points for the speakers, and the three tactile buttons that the user activates from the front.

Unfortunately, unlike some laptops I've had, this must be a fairly new machine? I say that because I've not found ANY online repair facilities so far to even ask if they would order and sell me a replacement board. This is why I'm poking around here. Maybe parts can actually be ordered from here? Or if there is a forum area where this post would fit right in, even if only to get some pointers to where I might purchase parts, please clue me in, and thanks in advance!