need cheap 7 inch tablet recommendations

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
My wife wants one for her purse. The 9 to 10 inch ones are a little large ... ha ha.
Playbooks are out due to high price and they may end up the way of Hp tablets.

Looking at the Mach trio at tigerdirect but it does not specify a webcam/camera in the specs. Does anyone own this? Does it have a camera? Is it worth buying?

Anything else I should consider? Thanks.

Buy the Mach Speed Trio Droid 7 Internet Tablet at TigerDirect.ca

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
Thanks Stevejets. I should have mentioned a price range. Not more than $300 and $85 tablets are too cheap. The Samsung looks sweet though for $280.

eheart

Aug 24, 2011
nah it does not i just found out they made a mistake so it only run 2.1 i want to be albe to get an update for 2.2 or 2.3 before i buy it

greenandroid

Aug 29, 2011
Why not you choose a 7 Chinese rk2918 Android tablet, just for the price is cheaper.
The GM2907B is first made official in Aug (follow with Rockchip RK2918 chip), the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) tablet still rocks a 1.2GHz Cortex A8, a "powerful 3D GPU" ,WIFI 802.11, font&back camera and 1080p HDMI output.And the cheap price of the 7-inch capacitive won't break the bank. You could find in giayee.com or contact with skype(giayee).

Diskus

Mar 8, 2011
i think the first thing you need to figure out:what does your wife need the tablet to do? Playing games, watching videos or just reading ebooks? And then to consider the price range.

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
She wants to do it all Diskus. The best bang for the buck is important. Don't mind paying a bit more for something stellar. Thanks

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
I was just reading that. That one may be the ticket ... cool. Now to see how hard it is to get one sent to Canada ....

hogpowr

Aug 3, 2011
Acer recently released a 7" version of their 10.1" a500, it looks real good and should be price competitive real soon. The only drawback I see with it is 512 MB of ram instead of a gig. Good luck with your search, and give us some feedback on your decision.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
The Acer is nice but they are a little pricey. I almost bought their 10 inch model as I have good luck with Acer stuff. Have one of their first model netbooks which I adore.

I've been looking at the Coby ones. Thanks for your input. They certainly are cheap enough and readily available.