Need Coby Kyros MID7038-4 vold.fstab

ayase.shiki

Jan 6, 2014
Please let me have a copy of your vold.fstab undedited.

Here is the situation, well, i kind of did something idiotic like editing mine which made my tab stuck on a bootloop. i even forgot to turn on the USB Debugging mode, or install a CWM. i can still boot it to stock recovery, and managed to push files using adb. so I was hoping if pushing the original vold.fstab to \system\etc\ will fix the problem.

or if someone can help me, i'm kind of new in android development, i just managed to root my mid7038-4.

I appreciate some of your help :) Much thanks for entertaining my thread

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
We should have a 7038 dump you can get the vold.fstab file from. From there a flashable zip needs to be made with the file in it. Once you get the flashable zip made, you run Vampirefo's fake recovery at http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...y-7036-7034-7048-hopefully-all-telechips.html and pray it works.

If you can get it fixed, don't attempt to edit files again witbout having made, at minimum, a nandroid backup. Repeatedly in this forum we tell people to make a backup. It's critical to do so, because you have absolutely no recourse should something go wrong. Coby never provided firmware images and now Coby is out of business, meaning no warranty of any kind.

ayase.shiki

Jan 6, 2014
well, i can't even access adb shell. so meaning, the fake recovery isn't possible. mine is a rockchip. using only stock recovery, the zip file won't even install. thanks anyway

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Vampirefo would be able to explain what must be done as the fake recovery is his handiwork, but I don't believe you need ADB. I believe it is set up as a flashable zip that can be run from the stock recovery.

OoSRHo0

Dec 19, 2012
Please let me have a copy of your vold.fstab undedited.

Here is the situation, well, i kind of did something idiotic like editing mine which made my tab stuck on a bootloop. i even forgot to turn on the USB Debugging mode, or install a CWM. i can still boot it to stock recovery, and managed to push files using adb. so I was hoping if pushing the original vold.fstab to \system\etc\ will fix the problem.

or if someone can help me, i'm kind of new in android development, i just managed to root my mid7038-4.

I appreciate some of your help :) Much thanks for entertaining my thread

Same problem as you.. i edited my internal external memory file and made a mistake. Im stuck at Coby now. Tried the fake recovery mod and tried to install the stock rom .zip file. Nothing seems to work.. still stuck what seems to be a bootloop problem. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

jimAT

Aug 19, 2014
Same problem as you.. i edited my internal external memory file and made a mistake. Im stuck at Coby now. Tried the fake recovery mod and tried to install the stock rom .zip file. Nothing seems to work.. still stuck what seems to be a bootloop problem. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

ADB remount and Just pushing a backup copy of vold.fstab to system/etc with adb worked on my rockchip tablet
more info here :
http://qandasys.info/i-modified-vold-fstab-and-lost-access-to-my-sd-card