Need help choosing a tablet - Onda Vi40 or Motorola Xoom???

Uzeless

May 24, 2012
Hi everyone, I have literally just signed up to this forum as I desperately need some help choosing a tablet..... I saw that I was supposed to post this query in a sticky, but there are HUNDREDS of requests in there that don't get answered!!

I was sold on getting the Onda Vi40 Elite which is being sold on Amazon UK for around £165 but recently, a local high street store is selling off the Motorola Xoom (version 1) for £280, knocking £200 off the original price. My question is, is the Motorola worth paying an extra £100+ for? Is it a better built tablet? Is the 32GB storage and dual core processor going to make THAT big a difference to me? Is the Onda's IPS screen better than the Xoom's?

I will be using this tab for watching HD and SD movies, reading books and comics and web browsing.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.....

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
As a biased xoom owner and the fact I've never heard of the other tab, I say get the xoom. Motorola is known for quality products.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have an ASUS Transformer (almost the exact same specs as the Xoom) and the dual core processor is definitely a MUST in my book if you want to watch 720p videos. I would not buy a single core tablet at this point, and I would also stick with a major manufacturer myself (Motorola, Samsung, Acer, Asus or A*ple)

MA83

Feb 25, 2012
Definitely need at least a dual core! I would opt for an ASUS though as the IPS screen really does make a difference. I have an ASUS tf101-B1 and love it. I can't play the latest and greatest mobile games, but it does everything else flawlessly including playing HD vids.

stil29

May 22, 2012
I have the Xoom and I love it I also have Acer a500 Asus tf101 Xoom is slim and fast and light. I would get it!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
i have been a fan of cheaper chinese tablets for some time after going in to a store & testing many 'big brand' tabs to see if theyre any better than my sanei n90. the truth is..mostly no. they seem no faster no better built many dont have ics yet. they do have better return policies obviously, as returning goods to china can be costly but, without owning one, i cant say how useful this would be. my tab has been great since i got it. yes, i need to upgrade it to clear ics issues but i assume this is still the case with the big brand tabs aswell. from what i read in the forums many have more issues than i have encountered (mainly compatibility probs) with ics. so i see no merit in it. maybe as a resale value youll get more for your tablet but again, thats coz youre paying a lot more.
if yore going to buy chinese tabs, research thoroughly. the seller is as important as the tab. i recommend redtabletpc.com as they dont sell oem (unbranded) goods, tend to sell better quality tabs, offer shipping options, give good support on this forum & seem to be the most helpful of the sellers i have come across. you can check their forum pages or goto their website. theyre not as big as some of the other companies which i think goes in their favour. its not all profit profit profit without service. i would choose the onda but be careful of where you get it from. cheapest is not always best.

adyhooper

May 24, 2012
Hi everyone, I have literally just signed up to this forum as I desperately need some help choosing a tablet..... I saw that I was supposed to post this query in a sticky, but there are HUNDREDS of requests in there that don't get answered!!

I was sold on getting the Onda Vi40 Elite which is being sold on Amazon UK for around £165 but recently, a local high street store is selling off the Motorola Xoom (version 1) for £280, knocking £200 off the original price. My question is, is the Motorola worth paying an extra £100+ for? Is it a better built tablet? Is the 32GB storage and dual core processor going to make THAT big a difference to me? Is the Onda's IPS screen better than the Xoom's?

I will be using this tab for watching HD and SD movies, reading books and comics and web browsing.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.....

i will recommend you to go with Xoom it will be smart choice, It have Asus transformer, dual core processor and the most amazing thing about it is its design it is marvelous. It is quite simple, easy and organized. you will love it.