Need help choosing tablets....Please rate how you like your TF300, please.

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
the 300 is my frist table so i will rate it a solid 10. i got it last week, pluged it in charged it and it came on i set it up then i truned it off and let itcharge for many hours . the thing is awesome i use it 6 hours a day or so on and off.
great tablet one millions times better then the ipad

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Not an owner but I hear good and bad. I think it best if you look at what you can afford, then check specs against other tabs.there may be better cheaper tabs out there, depending on whether you need a brand name Tablets or if the alternatives match its performance. There are some very good chinese tabs out there now & if you're prepared to wait they are builing with tegra 3 cpus & will be out very shottly st a fracion of the cost of the big name Tablets. Even if you don't want to wait the dual core Tablets out now are competing with them. If I were you I would list a few of the brand name tabs you're looking at & their prices, then check out a reputable chinese seller like redtabletpc.com.& compare them. You might be surprised at how well these Tablets match up & them difference in prices. If you're convinced about buying a brand name Tablets they might still be able to save you money but its up to you, you have nothing to lose by looking at their site. Good luck whatever you decide to get

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

mike5335

Apr 7, 2012
I am a new TF300 owner. 32 gigs. My only comparison is to my former Lenovo K1. The ASUS has good gps coverage and good wi-fi. I am quite satisfied with the display but the new IPAD and, presumably the TF700 provide more pixel density and brightness. Videos look good and the built-in sound is quite tolerable. I use a bluetooth speaker usually. At $399 the price seemed ok. It has not crashed though i have rebooted once after noting some lag--but that may have been the beta of Google Chrome. I liked having a local seller.

I think you will find some reviews on the web and perhaps some more experienced owners will chime in.

Mike

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
the 300 is a step above the 101 and i would say its even better then the 201 also

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Asus seem to have a good reputation. I've neet seen their tabs but they have some nice laptops. If they're as good as those I would at least check them out

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I'd rate mine a 6. I've had a ipad 1 a A500 and a A510 for a brief while. The only reason i sent the A510 back was because of a input issue where it would lag. It just wasn't as sensitive as the A500 causing issues in games and the sketchbook app.

As far as the TF300 goes it's good but not great. It's more sensitive than the A510 but it suffers from a pinched screen causing white spots around the edges. It's not backlight bleeding as some people say but more of a defect in the construction process that has the glass pinch the edges of the LCD. Mine is very bad. As far as speed goes the TF300 is slower than the A510 in every respect. If you don't have it set to performance mode it runs about the same as my A500. And is slightly glitchy. In performance mode it's decent but slower than the A510. Web pages load pretty quick but not instantly like the ipad or A510. Your still waiting a bit. The battery life for me has been around 6 hours plus a little. Maybe 6.5 hours depending on what mode I run it in. I could probably get 7 hours in the intermediate mode, I'm not certain what the middle mode is called. The dock is very cool and works very well. Gamefly games are not supported so don't expect to play them. Other than that it's pretty good, definitely better than first gen tabs but not near the level of a ipad 3 or good a tegra 3 tab. I'd wait a little if you can. My sons kindle fire has a much better screen. Amazon may surprise everyone in a few months with something cool.

qc7898

Jun 17, 2012
I am happy with my TF300. I have had iPads 1 and 2 (still use the 2) and the TF100. I use the TF more than the iPad, due to the TF's flexibility. I have the dock and enjoy the benefit of the SD and USB slots. I have created documents on the TF, converted them to pdf, copied to a USB flash drive and then been able to print them in the business centers in hotels. I couldn't do that with my iPad.

I have had some issues with some wireless networks, where I cannot connect for some reason (again, in hotels). My iPhone connects but the TF cannot. It is not a common problem, however.

Overall, I have no hesitation in recommending the TF300.

cprtrain

May 18, 2012
I bought mine 3 weeks ago and love it. Spent 5 weeks reading reviews and asking a few questions. This was my first tablet and I wanted the flexibility that Android offers along with not paying Apple's premium. I bought the dock as well but haven't used it that much. I bought it to give me the longer battery life during an up coming trip. Tried using it outdoors and there was too much glare. Looking to buy a matt screen protector to see if that will help. I'd rate mine as an 8 out of 10 but I found it easy to set up and a joy to use. Would like to see Jelly Bean as an update because it offers improved video. For the price I do not believe that it can be beat.

rickthescot

Jul 3, 2012
I think it depends on what you want a tablet for. I bought this one for business mostly and it does a great job. Lots of flexibility and only a few limitations. The keyboard is terrific, adds a ton of battery power and is very easy to type on. Nice thing is at airports they don't make you take it out like a laptop.

TF300Lover

Jul 3, 2012
I've had my TF300 for about a week now, and I absolutely adore it! It's fast, has a nice screen (I can't compare to others, but I like it nonetheless). And from what I heard it will be getting the new Jellybean 4.1! It loads pages fast, plays every game I've found beautifully, and streams Netflix faster than my desktop! if you have the cash to get this one, grab it and you won't be sorry :)

MacRae

Aug 7, 2012
OK, so I've had mine a week and a half. What do I know? Well, I took it with me when I traveled to North Dakota for a week. There was no wi-fi on-board the crappy little aircraft I flew in but I had already downloaded enough (free) books that I was good to go. Plus there are tons of games for free or very little cash that don't require any data connection. I carried the thing wherever I went and learned about it whenever I could.

You know what I like about it? Everything! No, really, it's a FINE piece of computing power. The display is awesome, the graphics are smooth as silk, it's highly configurable, and I'll have a heck of a time filling up the on-board 32 gigs of RAM. Not that I won't buy an external card, because removable memory is good. ;) There are some great apps included already - not as much "bloatware" as I've seen elsewhere, and there seem to be a lot of apps out there which are optimized for tablets. Great stuff.

I've configured my tab to monitor three e-mail addresses, which it does quite well as long as I have a wi-fi connection, and I've managed to tether the tab to my phone through a Bluetooth link to provide connectivity when there's no wi-fi. How cool is that?

Two things - and only two things - I wish I didn't have to deal with:

1. Where was the manual when I needed it the first few days? I've got it now, but not including a manual or at least the link to it printed on a small piece of paper and paced in the box was pretty lame. When I spend $350 on one of your products, treat me like I did. Don't make me search all over for something you should have given me. 'Nuff said.

2. Learning to properly carry this thing around is taking too long! I bought a neoprene carry pouch for it, but that's not really cutting it for me. I don't want to get into the "European shoulder bag" "man bag", or "murse" stuff, but dang... I'm afraid I'll set it down and walk off if it's in too small a package, and if it's too big...well, there's the man-purse. Maybe something camouflaged or an old ammo can...yeah...:cool:

Seriously, though? This is a heckuva tablet. I haven't owned two or three to compare them with, but I can say it's not real expensive and it looks, feels, and works better than I'd hoped. What else can you ask for?

Mac