Need help creating definitive instructions for the SuperPAD

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
All are welcome to help!

I am trying to write a definitive set of instructions in English (not CHINESE) and I need a few people to help me. My goal is for these instructions to be made into a PDF file and then be THE guide for the SuperPAD. If you would like to help or have ANYTHING to offer or add, please comment on the thread and I will create a group and then use what you have added. Thanks tablet users!

Edit: I will first translate the instruction book to CORRECT English, not the grammatically incorrect English used.

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Ok, So I am currently halfway through the booklet but I am running out of ideas of what to add in there. Any one have some tips? I'm talking like android-related not just SuperPAD-related

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
The manual is no use... or I don't usually read manual, I just explore by my self.

The manual for SuperPad is for the Stock/Shipped Firmware, and not for long you need to flash new firmware, so the manual is no use anymore since there are lot of changes on new firmwares.

On manual I don't even see any instructions how to use the GPS, till now my GPS is not working, no signal on GPS Test, still stock on Hongkong map.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I'll add your suggestions in there. Like how to get the gps to work. (go stand outside with the antennae plugged in for about 30 minutes and make sure nothing is blocking it's view of the sky.)

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
no luck after an hour hehehee, maybe the it's hard to detect any satellite on my location.

Good luck with your project.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Thanks! And there might be a software fix on these forums.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
thanks!

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I'll make that apply to android too. Not just my particular model. I'll add the sd card fix and the USB version.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

SupremeDesign

Aug 14, 2011
I believe a new user (especially someone new to android tablets altogether) would need a thorough FAQ explaining what works and what doesn't on the Superpad vs an Android phone. For example, a number of apps won't resize for the tablet, and others just don't work altogether. An FAQ could also cover how to deal with various issues users have noted in these forums, from resetting the GPS to why the mic records so low. As I've noted elsewhere, I'd love to see someone compile a user manual for the Superpad 3 that actually covers the capabilities of the tablet and the various issues that users have noted. We want to offer a better manual to accompany the tablets we'll be reselling. I could pay someone to help put that together for us, someone who knows these tablets better than me. Uplade, please let me know if you're done, or will be soon.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
The manual is no use... or I don't usually read manual, I just explore by my self.

The manual for SuperPad is for the Stock/Shipped Firmware, and not for long you need to flash new firmware, so the manual is no use anymore since there are lot of changes on new firmwares.

On manual I don't even see any instructions how to use the GPS, till now my GPS is not working, no signal on GPS Test, still stock on Hongkong map.

New superpads come with 3925 out of the box. No flashing needed. With the market 3.0 update and a few fixes/workarounds, they work ok. The biggest problem is when flashing Roms. The uboot files ARE tablet spacific, I found out the hard way. If your GPS is not working, its because your uboot is wrong, and possibly your U0. I also think there is a major flaw in the rom that wreaks havok in the framework and system. Luckily I got a refund and bought a Gtablet before anything else went wrong.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
New superpads come with 3925 out of the box. No flashing needed. With the market 3.0 update and a few fixes/workarounds, they work ok. The biggest problem is when flashing Roms. The uboot files ARE tablet spacific, I found out the hard way. If your GPS is not working, its because your uboot is wrong, and possibly your U0. I also think there is a major flaw in the rom that wreaks havok in the framework and system. Luckily I got a refund and bought a Gtablet before anything else went wrong.

I cant completely agree with this... the 2.1 version I recently (re)installed used 0.6.1.5(587) and the GPS worked.
Okay... I should say, appeared to work. I didnt have the antenna on it NOR would I bother to wait, but the little 'searching' icon showed up...
I have the same nand/uboot with stragulus' disco 2.2 (referenced in previous post) and it does not get the GPS icon when 'on'...
Unfortunately getting firmware to load on the defective storage this unit has is VERY 'play prohibitive' :cool:

Take from that what you will... At least the camera IS working, which it would not do with 0.6.1.2! :D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Stragalus' ROM came from a legit flytouch 2. Thats also why yours works. Even with dEmaged sectors. The ROM works with some different coding. At least from what I have decoded. Thats why it can recover bricks (and 2 pass helps). If the devs want to make any headway, they need to start with that ROM, not any other. Unless someone can come up with a genuine 3925 from a genuine flytouch 2. The coding is different. Yours should actually work better with the disco10 ROM on it.