Need Help Factory Resetting Ematic Genesis Prime EGS004

njpauly

Sep 24, 2013
The tablet is locked with "Too many pattern attempts". I have the correct username and password but it will not work. The wifi is off, so I am unable to connect to it through Android Device Manager. I want to hard reset the tablet but I cannot figure out how to do it.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
The Ematic website/folks are VERY HELPFUL on such things... perhaps contacting them (and posting back) would be the best thing!
If they claim 'cant get there' there might be a way thru adb...
(unless there is no Ethernet either...)

:D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I want to hard reset the tablet but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Hi njpauly, congratulations on your Ematic tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. I'm not familiar with that tablet, but the following technique works for many different tablets. Worth a try,

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.
Then try to press different hardware buttons until you are given a list of options.

(If Volume Up and Power doesn't work, try Volume Down and Power.)

njpauly

Sep 24, 2013
The Ematic website/folks are VERY HELPFUL on such things... perhaps contacting them (and posting back) would be the best thing!
If they claim 'cant get there' there might be a way thru adb...
(unless there is no Ethernet either...)

I spoke with Ematic and their only resolution was to send it back to the company and pay them to do a reset on it.

Unfortunately, I am unable to get on wifi, and Debugging was not enabled, so I cannot go thru adb.

njpauly

Sep 24, 2013
Hi njpauly, congratulations on your Ematic tablet and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. I'm not familiar with that tablet, but the following technique works for many different tablets. Worth a try,

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.
Then try to press different hardware buttons until you are given a list of options.

(If Volume Up and Power doesn't work, try Volume Down and Power.)

This version of the Ematic tablet does not have Volume buttons, so that is not an option and I have not been able to figure out another way to boot into Recovery Mode to reset the tablet.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Do you have a/the uUSB connector? You MIGHT be able to get adb to connect thru USB... at the least you may be able to get settings to become available.

Sorry I cannot help more/better...
(sorry THEY didn't help much either!)

Dec 27, 2013
The tablet is locked with "Too many pattern attempts". I have the correct username and password but it will not work. The wifi is off, so I am unable to connect to it through Android Device Manager. I want to hard reset the tablet but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Probably too late for this issue but if anyone else comes across this issue this should work. (Worked on an Ematic EGQ307)

Turn the device off by holding the power button then selecting OK for shutdown. Hold the home button on the side while pushing the power button on the side and hold them both for about 15 seconds. It will come up in debug mode. Use the touchpad to highlight the factory reset option and push the power button on the side to select it. Then you have to scroll down to highlight yes and push the power button on the side. You must push the power button to select it. It will not work by tapping the screen. That should start the reset process, then it will take you back tyo the menu and you'll have to select reboot (using the power button). Takes several minutes to reboot but should be like new.