Need Help Finding an App to...

kilgore76

Aug 12, 2012
Hello,

Our school recently bought 20 Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7") for our teachers. The primary use is for staff communication and teacher-parent communication.

I am interested in an app that will allow me to remotely publish a message (or series of messages) in a large scale widget that I can set as the home screen... kind of like the first thing the teacher would see when accessing the device. Usage would be for important reminders, updates, quote of the day, etc.

The widget needs to be as large as possible (preferably taking up the entire screen space). Ideally I would be able to change/update the information from my PC. I have searched the play store for the past week but can't find anything that works.

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

Matt

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Hey Matt

I wrote a long detailed reply on what I would suggest for you but then it got erased so I am just going to cut to the chase in this one and hopefully you can see something that will work for you.

The easiest way would be to use google calendar and have all the tablets hooked up to the same account. But this way wouldnt have all of the features you want.

The harder way would be to use an app like tasker and set it up to open another app a a specific time of day. This process will give you more of the features you are looking for if you can find the perfect app for tasker to open.

I will look in it more and see if I can stream line the process for you but this gives you some ideas so you can keep looking for yourself.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I have done some searching and it looks like my second idea might actually hold some water. I havent tested these apps out yet but it looks like OneNote Mobile (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.onenote&hl=en) and also Sticky Notes Online ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sharpra.sno&hl=en )

I also thought you could just use tasker to open a website at a specific time. That way you just edit the websites and everyone sees it.

And thinking more about I think tasker allows you to set up a task for when the device is first turned on even.