need help for 9042 tablet.. sir traveller help

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
sir vampire, ive rooted it using adb and i install also cwm there also.. so i made a backup dump of it, and i got those 3.. boot, bootloader and recovery... then it run smoothly and i install busybox because i cannot use the luckypatcher because it says that make sure i have a true root and update su and busybox.. so i install busybox and it says hre it is rooted unlike in lucky patcher... by no wonder what will happen i reboot it using the menu of busybox and it reboot but stucked on android word.. as time goes by, and trying to fix it i stucked on coby logo... but still i can access the cwm recovery which i install before using the adb.. so all i want to know sir is to fix the boot, and proceed to the program.. and im sure you can help me.. i have no idea also how to use adb in cmw..

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
thank you very much sir.. ur so good.. one thing i just want to ask sir what do u mean of having adb in cwm? coz i tried to boot in recovery and attached to adb, it cannot be detected.. is there a menu of cwm that i need to activate first so that i can use the abd program in pc? and one thing sir, i dont know to to back while in the cmw.. there is no back button..

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
just finish flashing it sir.. waiting if it will boot.. im on the android word again.. ill just wait.. im not stucked already to coby logo.. hoping it works...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttt.....k

thank you so much sir vampire.. my tablet is ok again.. thank you very much.. thanks a lot.. Godbless you sir.. thank you... is it rooted already sir? o do i need to root it again?

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
sir, i have a question... y is it there is only 1 internal memory left in my storage? i think there is two internal memory other than the external sd.. thanks sir...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
johnny_luck said:
sir, i have a question... y is it there is only 1 internal memory left in my storage? i think there is two internal memory other than the external sd.. thanks sir...

Your system might of had a different vold.fstab than the version I have. You didn't have your own system backup so I had to build from another system.

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
is there a way to fix this sir? thank you very much for your help sir.. i can't really imagine that someone will help me and give me spare time for this..

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
johnny_luck said:
is there a way to fix this sir? thank you very much for your help sir.. i can't really imagine that someone will help me and give me spare time for this..

You would need to get someone who had the same system as you had to give to you. Its not need at all, but you can ask around til you find it if you want.

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
so i have to find someone to have like mine sir? but for sure sir, my 1 internal memory is not damage? and have chance to fix it?

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
Couldn't he pull a copy from one of the 9042 system dumps and use that?

thats also my question sir.. could i get from the data of 9042 and modify it to bring my sd pop up in my storage.. now all i can see in my storage is 1 internal memory (that should hve 2 internl memory) now in the section that should be in the 2nd internal memory be in place i can see a buton saying "mount usb storage" when i click nothing happend..

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Couldn't he pull a copy from one of the 9042 system dumps and use that?

Sure he can, I see no documentation that it ever existed though, none of the allwinner dumps that I have show another internal storage, if he can find a dump that has another internal storage in vold.fstab he can use it.
Every allwiner i have doesn't have this though.

johnny_luck didn't make a backup of his system, had he I would have used his own backup, I used the 9042 system that was uploaded, johnny_luck's tablet wouldn't boot up I fixed that, the 2nd internal storage, I have no documentation on it, nor do I see any vold.fstab that list a second internal storage. If the 2nd internal storage exists, it has to be mounted either by kernel directly or via vold.fstab. he never changed his kernel so that rules the kernel out.

below is a vold.fstab I have, as you can see no 2nd storage exist.

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/virtual/block/nandi
dev_mount extsd /mnt/extsd auto /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.1/mmc_host /devices/platform/sunxi-mmc.0/mmc_host
dev_mount usbhost1 /mnt/usbhost1 auto /devices/platform/sw-ehci.1 /devices/platform/sw_hcd_host0 /devices/platform/sw-ehci.2