need help for 9042 tablet.. sir traveller help

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
you now what what i most appreciated in this furom is that we are helping each other... and the best part you can be helped out rit awzy.. ive learned allot of things here.. sir vampire i think that the 7042 have also the 2nd intrnal memory.. can u check it sir if the vold.fstab have something to help... sir vampire thatit is in the vold.fstab lies the solution of my p/roblem? thank you very much...

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
becoz i cnnot download application, i just temporarily chnge my sd storage to my extsd... which something ive learned hre about vold.fstab..

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
johnny_luck said:
you now what what i most appreciated in this furom is that we are helping each other... and the best part you can be helped out rit awzy.. ive learned allot of things here.. sir vampire i think that the 7042 have also the 2nd intrnal memory.. can u check it sir if the vold.fstab have something to help... sir vampire thatit is in the vold.fstab lies the solution of my p/roblem? thank you very much...

The vold.fstab I posted is from 7042, which is the same for every coby but yours.

My contact told me the USA 9042 doesn't have a second internal storage, he only knows about USA versions, I just unpacked the livesuite image, even in factory livesuite image there isn't a second internal storage in vold.fstab so nothing else can be done here.

Last edited:

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
sir vampire, wats the best i can do here? ignore the problm wel infact i can make extsd as my sd right? bEcause wen i open my storage menu, i can see _2d internal storage.. 1 is for the tablet memory and 1 should b dtctd as internal sd mmry rather than extsd.. but now with the new flash u giv, under the storage, for 1st internal mmry (tablet mmry) it shows storage details and the 2nd internal mmry says 'mount sd card' and extsd and usb.. so the point im trying to say is that even wen input an extsd you cnt download bcauz it detects that no sd crd is mounted (2nd internal mmry).. before it works fine even you dnt hve extsd nserted you can download bcause there is a detection of sd card (2nd internal mmry).. one thing also i want tonsite is that its internal mmry said even in the package is 4gb (although i know its not exactlly 4gb) as seen b4, 1.9gb is given as tablet mmry (1st internal jmmry) and the rest mmry out of 4gb is given on 2nd internal mmry (internal sd).. so temporarily im just fixing it by stting my extsd as my sd by modifying vold.fstab and my internal sd as extd so wen every time i put a extmmry card it will dtect as my sd already and im able to download.. as on my extsd menu, it shows 'mount sd card' bcoz of that mdification... maybe someday this can be fixed..

sir vampire thnk u for the 9042.zip you give.. that lucky patcher issues that wat inhave said b4, it fixed that.. coz i can see there is a busybox already intalled.. mybe you can add that sir vampire to your posts for 9042 users for future need if incase that they cnnot boot but can acess there recovery.. its really a big help.. thnks a lot..

Last edited:

johnny_luck

Nov 1, 2012
I have made another 9042 installable rom based off of joenarsu12 dump.

9042_joenarsu12.zip

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...neration-3-devices-post249753.html#post249753

I don't know if it will help you or not.

its not just help me but also amazesd me.. how the hell you do that sir.. it works as it should be and asvexpcted also.. thnk you very much sir for you help.. my 2nd internal mmry popped out already.. please add this rom to ur 9042 threads sir.. it can help a lot to others.. tnx..