Need Help Identifying My New Android Tablet...Anyone???

Fathercainz

Jan 2, 2012
Hi, Fathercainz here.....new member to the forums, and so far enjoying it VERY much.

My question: Recieved an Android Tablet for Xmas believed to be a Flytouch III Superpad II however I am not certain!! Need help identifying what it is I actually have!

Looking to root this tablet, if possible, and don't want to root it incorrectly!!

Help IS appreciated and thanks in advance.

Specs:
Model Number: P001 RTL8188-20111206
Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: Unknown
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM root@ice #53
Build Number: GRI40
Buttons: On/Off, Volume, Menu, Home, Wifi
Slots: 9V charge, ethernet, hdmi, usb, (1) microsd, usb, headphone jack.

Is there any way to enhance this model besides adding the 32gb sdmicro card which I have on the way?

Fathercainz

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Fathercainz, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new tablet. I'm pretty sure the folks in the SuperPAD Tablets forum will be able to determine exactly what you've got there. I'm moving your thread over there for you, so they'll be sure to see it can discuss the tablet with you. Good luck and continue to enjoy the new tablet.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Good luck and hopefully someone here can help.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Jan 15, 2012
Did you ever find out because mine is the same..Also If you know what RO works with it let me know would you

Thanks.

Billy.

greyerash

Jan 19, 2012
UNfortunatly i'ved tried all roms and none of them work. Is there any firmware for this tablet? Please help.

The closest i'ved got is with the p041 rom, but it has no sound, the g-sensor is stuck sideways and the battery meter always shows charging

Jan 15, 2012
I guess know one else has this version !! I searched google for "Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-infoTM root@ice" and the message from Fathercainz was the ONLY words that came up!! REALLY? Do withhave a tablet with this version..rare!

'

Jan 15, 2012
d
UNfortunatly i'ved tried all roms and none of them work. Is there any firmware for this tablet? Please help.

The closest i'ved got is with the p041 rom, but it has no sound, the g-sensor is stuck sideways and the battery meter always shows charging

Hi greyerash Do you have the same Flytouch as the one Fathercainz and I have ?

If so you said you got the P041 onto it..Can you tell me how you got it to boot from the SD Card? What buttons did you hold down because I feel like I held every combo there is (-:

Thanks

Last edited:

greyerash

Jan 19, 2012
It's the same tablet, model P001. You need winhex to make a bootable sd card, at least that's what i did, and then flash the p041 rom. But like i said: no sound, the g-sensor is stuck sideways and the battery meter always shows charging

Feb 24, 2012
My information is all the same, I received mine last night. The only difference I noticed was mine is root@ice #54. Has anyone had any progress on finding better firmware/roms/drivers for this? I noticed last night my M17X laptop didn't recognize my tablet when I plugged it in... Also, when I press the power button to make it sleep, it just resets. Thus far, my girlfriend has been pretty disappointed in it and I can't find any decent work arounds...

vchristo

Jun 15, 2012
Dear friend,i have this superpad too...
I needed a u-boot.bin and also the internal SD-CARd image, you can dump it for me?
I did a partial recovery using JTAG, I have put an generic u-boot.bin, just work to download via usb from new firmware using iuw
thanks
Vitor

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Hi, Fathercainz here.....new member to the forums, and so far enjoying it VERY much.

My question: Recieved an Android Tablet for Xmas believed to be a Flytouch III Superpad II however I am not certain!! Need help identifying what it is I actually have!

Looking to root this tablet, if possible, and don't want to root it incorrectly!!

Help IS appreciated and thanks in advance.

Specs:
Model Number: P001 RTL8188-20111206
Buttons: On/Off, Volume, Menu, Home, Wifi
Slots: 9V charge, ethernet, hdmi, usb, (1) microsd, usb, headphone jack.

Is there any way to enhance this model besides adding the 32gb sdmicro card which I have on the way?

Fathercainz

SURRENDER YOUR DEVICE AND ALL ITS SOFTWARE TO ME IMMEDIATELY!!!
Kidding, of course. :rolleyes:
Actually you have EXACTLY what (one of) mine said when I first got it... unfortunately the sofware on mine was hosed and it is sitting around 'waiting for help' of its own.

I CAN tell you that you (almost certainly) have a DK1031L board, running Gingerbread. As Gingerbread is different from the older ones (even the 'gingerbread-sprinkled froyo') you need to get an apk called GINGERBREAK to root it. It is actually quite easy to handle, but you MUST find and activate the USB DEBUGGING...
On my 'other Gingerbread Man' (Shep... all tablets named after the 3(4) Stooges...) it is found by:
SETTINGS
APPLICATIONS
DEVELOPMENT
There you will find USB Debugging... enable it, then run Gingerbreak.

That should work for you!
... and I wish I could steal your NOR flash... where the U0 'lives'.
Did you by any chance get a copy of the firmware (AND U0) for it? Just curious... :p

Right now there are no other upgrades that Im aware of... there are ALOT of 'custom ROMs' but it is HIT/miss if they will work with this board.
Good luck... and if you find something better than 2.33 (and I doubt you will!), come back here and say so! PLZ!!! :D

Now SEE????
If I had read thru the entire post, I wouldnt have had to 'rob you at gunpoint'!!! :p
but,
Does the download INCLUDE U0?
Um... you DO realize you wrote 2.2..... right? NVM... comes from PAGE, not entry!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I finally found the firmware for this tablet (SuperPad III P001 RTL8188-20111206 GRI40) - 4 months later. For anyone interested it can be found here: Firmware pentru tablete Flytouch 2 / Flytouch 3 Android 2.2 - Firmware Tablete Android
Last link on the page.
It works perfectly, already tested

.... and exactly HOW did you install it? By SD card or IUW?
(downloading now.... can hardly wait!) :D

EDIT: Have we been conned?

The kernel on this download is 2.6.32.9!!! NOT 35.7-infotm as expected!

Greyerash... please check your 'ABOUT DEVICE' and confirm that it says GRI40 THERE!!!
Thx! :D

Last edited:

mirushaki

Oct 23, 2012
Dear friend,i have this superpad too...
I needed a u-boot.bin and also the internal SD-CARd image, you can dump it for me?
I did a partial recovery using JTAG, I have put an generic u-boot.bin, just work to download via usb from new firmware using iuw
thanks
Vitor

Hello! I have the P1001 model. I decided to upgrade firmware. I was unable to do it with SD Card. Unfortunately I hadn't heared about WinHex and I updated it with IUW burning tool (With P041 firmware). It was complete disaster! Now my SuperPad III (as box says) is completely bricked! :mad: I can't even connect it with my PC using OTG interface. The LED on motherboard is lighting when I turn on it, but no sound, no vibration, screen is black. But the light is my last hope.
To cut it short: HOW TO USE JTAG WITH flytouch3? How did you do a "partial recovery"?
Please, answer my question if you can. Any offer would be great help.

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
I am at this point with 'a few' tablets I have... and have not YET ventured into the JTAG effort...

You are CERTAIN that you cannot connect to IUW using the usual method? (MENU+PWR), connect, green box on IUW?

Did you allow it to change the U0 too?

If you CAN get it to talk to IUW respond here... I may be able to help. Else, welcome aboard. IF I EVER get my 'issues' resolved Ill let you know.
I CAN tell you that there is a 12-pad connector on the CPU daughterboard that is SUPPOSEDLY for JTAG... but I am too blind to do it myself and I have not spent the $$ to have someone else do it yet.

Perhaps that helps? :D