Need help in rooting my NC v. 1.3.0

patrick72

Sep 20, 2011
I have a boot image on microSD that boots in another NC that I have but it will not boot in a new NC v.1.3.0

Any thoughts?
Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'll start with the obvious. Make sure the Nook is powered off and that the micro SD card is all the way inserted before powering on.

Try booting into the regular Nook 1.3 and then insert an SD card and make sure the Nook detects it. If not try going to settings and then mounting the SD card and see if that helps getting it to recognize the card.

If it doesn't detect the card and you can't mount it, try a different SD card. If you can't get it to read or mount that card either it would seem you have an issue with the micro SD card slot.

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
The version of the stock ROM should not make a difference since the Nook never sees it if you boot from a card. I would suspect the card slot is bad or not seating properly.

patrick72

Sep 20, 2011
The NC in question does read the microSD, but still will not read the boot image. My other NC does boot from the same card.

Any thoughts, and thanks for the help everyone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Tablet Forum

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Weird that one boots and not the other but I'd just sart over with the card or try a new one and see if it works in both then.

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
The NC in question does read the microSD, but still will not read the boot image. My other NC does boot from the same card.

How do you know that the Nook reads that particular card?