Need help making decision

jabroni

Jul 13, 2011
Hi everyone,

I'm new to android tablets, I do own a iPad 64 gb (Wifi Only) though. I'm used to Apple products and iOS, but i'm looking for something different.

Right now I'm looking at the Motorola Xoom and the Galaxy Tab 10.1. I like the specs on both, but lately I have been leaning towards the Xoom due to expandable memory and the HDMI output over the Galaxy Tab. The only thing i'm having a hard time with is the price of the Xoom.

Is the Xoom sound right for me? The major apps I use with iOS I have already checked to make sure I can get on market. Other than that I'm looking for a very smooth running device that doesn't have a lot of glitches. The weight of device did make a difference but everytime I hold my iPad 1st gen I realize its not as big of a deal. I am going to be using the device for mainly browsing the web, reading articles off of certain apps and sites. I'll probably play the occasional game, but I nothing really to "hard-core." Really as long as the device is fast (at least faster than iPad 1st gen) and will at least keep me content until a MAJOR updated device comes out in the years to come. I will be using it a lot for school.

I really appreciate your guys help,

I'm contemplating buying the tablet as soon as possible for a birthday present/school item. So even though i'm anxious if there is a device I don't know about that is coming out within the next month in Canada I can suck it up and wait.

Thanks in advance!!!

bastones

Nov 6, 2010
I'm sure there are video comparisons (Galaxy Tab 10.1 vs. Motorola Xoom) on YouTube that you could watch that show the differences between the two tablets.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I've noticed the 32meg Xoom wifi is now $499 which makes it very competitive.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum