need help nook color freezes

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have some strange problem that I didnt face before at one year that I have rooted my nook.
I think its a matter of theme although I am not sure.What it happens is that after every boot Nook freezes inside main screen.I can use Nook to navigate through different screens or apps, but after a while it always freezes.
Also I noticed that something uses 100% of the Cpu all the time.
What I tried:
-changed governor
-lowered OC from 1.200 to 800mhz
-changed themes
-wifi is off
-Reinstall of last nightly that I was using (233) with wiping of Delvik and Cache partition-No difference

I was using the ICS theme that I found at XDA forum when I think it all started.At the beginning it was fine, but after I was getting some FC about Status Bar but after that the Nook was continuing to work fine most of the times.I decided to change it to normal theme and then the FC stopped, but now I have this fast freezing matter.

Any ideas?

Maybe there were two apps you got around the same time and one was the ICS theme and the other is still causing the freeze problem?

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Since I tried 2-3 different default themes just to be sure, this is not the matter.
Also I uninstalled Beautiful widgets just to be sure.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
I think I have a serious problem.
After wiping again Delvik, Cache partition and finally the Data, I reinstalled the 233 nightly expecting everything will be fine.
But Nook still freezes at the first screens of connecting my Nook to google account!! :confused: :confused:
How its possible something to create problem then, since nothing should be running at this initial stage??