Need help picking a tablet

dajon

Aug 6, 2010
Received the tablet today, seems to be working faster than I expected it to. It says android version is 1.6 build is 1.8.2. I am so far very pleased with it, touchscreen is very responsive, web browsing is fast, magic album app is cool, youtube app works. There is a soft button for screen rotation, I thought it would use the gsensor, but I haven't found a setting for auto rotate. I will post what my wife thinks about it once I get it home to her (at work right now), but for now, I am impressed. I paid $162 total, that was for the tablet ($120), 8GB memory card ($17), and $25 shipping charge.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Sounds good. Some users have no issues with VIA, I think it's more of firmware 1.6 / build 1.7.4 is lousy. Enjoy your new tablet. Make sure you get Amazon Kindle App for it so you can grab some free books to read on it. Amazon has plenty of free books just have to know how to find the hidden books. 0.00 are the ones to look for.

dajon

Aug 6, 2010
I just got back to work from lunch. I found a few issues I am going to email merimobiles about. The youtube app loads, shows video previews, does searches, but fails to play any videos. The market app says "connection failed" even though the wi-fi is connected and working in the browser.

The browser works great, google maps works great, it play music great, speakers are really good. Video playback wasn't terrible for a via, it made it through the demo videos on the unit with only a few stutters. The magic album app is great for like an alarm clock or if you have a stand in your living room that you can set it on, shows the local weather with a big digital clock, lets you browse photos, music etc right from the one app. The only times I noticed it being sluggish was like when you open the pull out menu it is a little slow, but not so slow as to annoy me. I haven't fully charged the battery yet to know what the life will be like. I still have some tweaking to do to it, but absolutely have to have the youtube fixed or my wife will want to send it back.