Need Help rooting and backing up

senorjack

Dec 26, 2010
It seems like there is no one here that wants to answer the BASIC STARTING POINT questions.
I have been ALL OVER these forums and I realize that there are MANY different varieties of Tablets so it would help if someone could just start with the most POPULAR and it seems that since we are in a "RECESSION" most people are buying the ones on e bay for $100 bucks or so. That's what I did, just to get started. Most of us can’t afford an I-pad.
I have read that you need to "ROOT" your Tablet FIRST....so I tried that and it won't root....I enabled the USB De-bugging and it still didn't root.
I tried it again with Z4root and did a Temporary root but then it won't run the Titanium Backup because it says it's NOT rooted. Now what ?
I NEED to BACKUP my Tablet in case something goes wrong and I need to re-load the apps. I don't want to "BRICK" it.
Now, I'm not stupid...I build my own computers, hacked my PSP, hacked programs, etc. but this has me befuddled.
I am a Certified Computer Tech with a Degree in Digital Electronics and a Degree in Electrical Engineering but I don’t know everything and I am always willng to learn new things. I am an old man too…63 years of age.

You need to be SPECIFIC....what is simple to you is not so simple to others...
If and when I figure this thing out ( and sooner or later I will), I will write an EXTENSIVE GUIDE or NEWBIES on HOW TO ROOT YOUR TABLET.
I am willing to help anyone with any problem if I can, but you guys that succeeded where us "Newbies" have not, need to step up and lend a hand...

If anyone would like to help me out, here are the “SPECS” for my GENERIC TABLET:
CPU: VIA8650, High-performance 800MHZ CPU+300MHZ DSP WM 8650
Operation system: Android 2.2 (Support Flash 10.1)
Memory: 256MB DDR2
Storage Device: 2GB NAND Flash maximum capacity of 32GB tf card
Gravity:4-Dimensional G-sensor
Black Plug, Blue LED, Vibrate & 1.3 Camera
LCD: 7" Touch screen, 800*480 pixels
Network: RJ45 Cable Internet: 10/100M adaptive

WIFI:IEEE802.11b/g/n wireless network
3G: External 3G (Support Huawei E220, etc)
I/O Port: 30pinUSB switch interface*1,Headphone *1, MIC*1 JACK*1, TF card reader
Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack (BLACK)
High-quality stereo loud speaker
Built-in microphone

Kernel: 2.6.3.9-default
Build Number: generic-eng 2.2 FROYO Vr 1.3.0-20110417.092309
Model number: WonderMedia WM8650

Please don't interpret this the wrong way...I am NOT being a Smart-*ss...I just want to get some help so I can help others...
It's the RIGHT thing to do.