Need help setting up email.

CarolinOhio

Nov 8, 2011
Please help me I am at my wits end. I can not figure out how to set up my tablet to connect to my yahoo email account. It just keeps telling me wrong user name or password. I know this is not the case and I can not find the answer anywhere and then I stumbled upon this site. I am so glad you exist. I am so frustrated that I am about to either break it or take it back to the store. Tried calling customer service but no one has called me back all day and cant get ahold of a live person.
Please if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Its a Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet. Model Number: SYNET7LP

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Please help me I am at my wits end. I can not figure out how to set up my tablet to connect to my yahoo email account. It just keeps telling me wrong user name or password. I know this is not the case and I can not find the answer anywhere and then I stumbled upon this site. I am so glad you exist. I am so frustrated that I am about to either break it or take it back to the store. Tried calling customer service but no one has called me back all day and cant get ahold of a live person.
Please if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Its a Sylvania 7" Mini Tablet. Model Number: SYNET7LP

Welcome!

No experience with Yahoo email but a quick Let me google that for you resulted in the following post that seems promising if you what to use a Yahoo specific application to fetch mail.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-apps/6882-apk-yahoo-mail-client.html

This video from Digital Gadgets shows the steps for setting up Gmail but assuming you have the server information for Yahoo the same approach should work.

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/dgsupprt#p/u/2/qme2oBLCBY8[/video]

Last edited:

CarolinOhio

Nov 8, 2011
I am on a google browser. And I dont know what exactly it is but the word skyfire keeps coming up.

CarolinOhio

Nov 8, 2011
U did try the gmail thing on you tube and everything seemed to go through fine until i hit the widget for email. It just goes to a black black screen. I am about to try the other thing you posted. I will let you know.

CarolinOhio

Nov 8, 2011
Ok I tried doing the yahoo client and it sent me to the android market?? said i had to download appbrain app. So I did this and signed into my google account like it said too but then it wont download because it says :there is no android phone associated with this account"...Well duh its a tablet. I just dont know.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Ok I tried doing the yahoo client and it sent me to the android market?? said i had to download appbrain app. So I did this and signed into my google account like it said too but then it wont download because it says :there is no android phone associated with this account"...Well duh its a tablet. I just dont know.
CarolinOhio, please review the post reference again as it points to a direct download link for the .apk which can either be downloaded to your computer and transferred to the tablet on a microSD or USB drive or attempt to download directly to the tablet with the built in browser application.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-apps/6882-apk-yahoo-mail-client.html
[h=2][APK] Yahoo Mail Client[/h] Download the Yahoo! Mail Client apk, by clicking here.

CarolinOhio

Nov 8, 2011
CarolinOhio, please review the post reference again as it points to a direct download link for the .apk which can either be downloaded to your computer and transferred to the tablet on a microSD or USB drive or attempt to download directly to the tablet with the built in browser application.

yes I know. I went there and hit install. It then tells me "your phone is not synced yet. Please install AppBrain to get the app on your phone." So then I went to the appbrain app hit install and it tells me that there is not an android phone connected to this account. Please try again with a different account. Its not a phone its a tablet or will it work the same way and if so how do i do this??

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
why don't just use a client mail like kaiten mail? you can access any mail that you want from it, Yahoo, google, hotmail and so on; look for a thread called "useful apks" on this forum, and you'll find the installer apk, select the account, type the login, password and you are all set....

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

CarolinOhio

Nov 8, 2011
I dont want to have to pay to look at my email. Is there somewhere I can get it for free? and if not is there something else i can do? This is my fourth day trying to figure this thing out and honestly if i cant get it soon. I may take it back. All I want it to do is when i hit the email icon on the home page. I want it to take me to yahoo..

CarolinOhio

Nov 8, 2011
Also it will not let me download anything from the market...It just keeps putting them in a list and telling me that my device isnt synced yet????

Jv90

Apr 23, 2011
weird?? the kaiten mail is on a thread call useful apk, just look for it and install the apk, its a paid program, but someone cracked the apk and works, on the market yes, the tab its not on three market, but you should read the working market thread to have an idea how to get it work, its very easy

Sent from my Sytabex7 Android Tablet

CarolinOhio

Nov 8, 2011
Ok so I went to that thread and hit the link for kaiden. It took me to sinfulandroids page and everytime i hit a link in her page it takes me to a page to pay for kaiten mail...I dont see a cracked version anywhere. What am I doing wrong?