Need help with a MPMAN 827, replica of a Coby Kyros MID 8027

SampNeves

Sep 30, 2011
IT'S BACK FROM THE DEAD.

But... oh the irony... it seems that the firmware I got for the MID8027 is Gingerbread - amigo @Ifom, eu sei que você vai pedir, mas eu não posso te dar os utmodules, eu prometi para os caras e esse ficheiros não podem acabar na internet vindo de mim, senão me ferro - and the display does not respond to touch. I've looked into some files and there's a utmodule named goodix_touch_8027.ko, which is different from the one that @dachabre provided (thank you very much for that).

Also the volume buttons do not respond (they always responded with the MID8024 OFW) and the power button does not bring up the Silent Mode - Flight Mode - Shutdown menu, it only shuts down after being pressed for a while. The lock screen - that I can't pass - shows a live wallpaper with those beams of light running around. I think this clearly shows that this is a Gingerbread ROM, however, it's not working.

I am going to ask MPMAN to send the OFW and continue to talk to Coby Germany.

At least, I no longer have a science project on my table and was able to close the back of the tablet and no more short circuiting the unit. I was almost pulling the last air of my head.

Thank you all for you help.

Ah, so you know, in the end what did the trick was using a 4Gb micro sd card. I was using a 2Gb micro sd card and that is why the partitions did not appear in Windows 7. This may help other people in the future.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
it will be helpful for some of us if you can give us a copy of your UTMODULES and Zimage..we really dont need the other files..just those two component. we might be able to cook something up... lfom can really make use of that different goodix file.

SampNeves

Sep 30, 2011
It's back to life now with the OFW from Coby/MPMAN. Great guys. Really.

And now it's Gingerbread.

They should be releasing new firmwares soon and all you will be able to upodate.

I trully respect the Android Community and couldn't be more thankfull for all the help you gave me, but these firmwares were given to me unders strict confidentiality rules and I had to identify myself, so it cannot end up on the Internet coming from me.

Should you have any doubt please PM me.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011

Finally! Well, it's great. More info and more power to the community. Now we know it works with another model. ;)

If you can't share the firmware, it's OK. You give them your word and you must keep it. I will keep searching for a driver, maybe someone else with a MPMAN in Europe can share the goodix driver.

SampNeves

Sep 30, 2011
Gingerbread is fast!!!

The tablet is amazing right now.

Followed this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-got-market-working-7022-without-rooting.html to enable market, Gmail, GTalk, GMaps, Youtube, G+, etc.

The home soft button is gone, as others report on the above thread... (it does nothing) but who cares :))))

No Google calendar sync. But I sync my calendar with an Exchange e-mail account...so... fine.

Gingerbread, capacitive display, 8" inch, hdmi out, 512 MB RAM, 1ghz Samsung Cortex A8... all for under $200, actually it was € 191, which is around $ 150.

Very happy!

dachabre

Oct 8, 2011

They should be releasing new firmwares soon and all you will be able to upodate.

I trully respect the Android Community and couldn't be more thankfull for all the help you gave me, but these firmwares were given to me unders strict confidentiality rules and I had to identify myself, so it cannot end up on the Internet coming from me.

Should you have any doubt please PM me.

Can you instruct me how to ask THEM for Gingerbread? Can I send mail to someone? Heeeellllpppp :) you can send me instructions on PM or here....

mbiser

Dec 5, 2011
Hello,
I am also owner of Mp827, and also dealing with huge problem. After installing gmail and market application, my Mpman mp827 doesnt start normally. My screen shows android logo and then lock screen and then again android logo. (It boot loop)

I need your help, what should I do?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hello,
I am also owner of Mp827, and also dealing with huge problem. After installing gmail and market application, my Mpman mp827 doesnt start normally. My screen shows android logo and then lock screen and then again android logo. (It boot loop)

I need your help, what should I do?

Do you have Debug mode enabled on tablet? Do you see the USB and Android bug when connected to the computer via usb? If yes, you may want to try using adb to uninstall/delete whatever you have installed that is causing trouble. If you don't know what adb is, look for Android SDK.

mbiser

Dec 5, 2011
Do you have Debug mode enabled on tablet? Do you see the USB and Android bug when connected to the computer via usb? If yes, you may want to try using adb to uninstall/delete whatever you have installed that is causing trouble. If you don't know what adb is, look for Android SDK.

Yes, I have Debug mode enabled. I will try with adb to uninstall apk when I get home. I`ll let you know if I made it.
Thanks for now.

mbiser

Dec 5, 2011
I tried this:
Shut down your tablet
Press and keep down the volume + button
In the same time press and keep down POWER BOUTON
When you see the blue line on the screen you can Release the 2 buttons.
Press down the volume + button.
ATTENTION ATTENTION, this manipulation may cause you to lose all your files.
It is necessary to make a backup before

And it solved my problem.

Thank you anyway.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I tried this:
Shut down your tablet
Press and keep down the volume + button
In the same time press and keep down POWER BOUTON
When you see the blue line on the screen you can Release the 2 buttons.
Press down the volume + button.
ATTENTION ATTENTION, this manipulation may cause you to lose all your files.
It is necessary to make a backup before

And it solved my problem.

Thank you anyway.

What you did was a "SD card init": it erased user space completely, more or less like a "factory reset", only system files were preserved. So if you didn't root it was restored to factory state. You lost all data too, that's why I suggested using adb to uninstall the files first. One can use adb even if the graphical interface isn't running.

private

Dec 23, 2011
i just did a succesful recovery on MP827 using the firmware for MID8024 and replacing the utmodules contents with the one provided by dachabre.so far everything works except the fact that it does not show that the AC power plug is connected.

mgp

Dec 30, 2011
Hi.
I lost the original wpa_supplicant and wpa_supplicant.conf when I set the adhoc connection. Can I ask one of you to send these original files to an e-mail? I would not like tablets sent to the service for such a trifle. Thank you in advance ...

[email protected]

InsaneWolf

Jan 3, 2012
Is there anybody who can give me the stock rom for this device/tell me how to flash it to it?

Or are there any custom rom's for it already? Can't seem to find any.