Need help with a MPMAN 827, replica of a Coby Kyros MID 8027

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
So, here is the link.

This is the rom I've used myself, so I know it works, but I've flashed it from android 2.3.3.
It does not contain the boot.img file so I don't know if it will work from ICS...

Of course, do a Nandroid backup before.

I've removed some apps I don't use and I've added gapps, root and busybox.
Build.prop is customize with lcd.density to 160 and I've change the model to see more apps on the market.

I've made a version with boot.img but I need to test it myself before upload it.

Of course I'm not responsible if bad things happens...

Before you flash it, I have a request to you. Can you help me with this before removing ICS ? I want to try to make a flashable rom with it : http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...pment/42130-coby-kyros-8127-ics-rom-dump.html
Thank you very much !

Kiiv_mp827_2.3.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
what tools do you use to make changes to rom?

if you have the .zip from coby named: "coby_mid8127-seed-0026.zip" i think you can use it to make a custom rom.

i'll make a fresh install of ICS and dump the rom.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
I'm starting from the dump and I just repackaging the /system file in a zip , including correct updater script. Then you can delete or add some app. But I don't know much more than that at the moment. It's my first rom ^^

I don't have the file you are talking about. This is why a full dump is very welcome ;)

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
i just flashed the 2.3 files i have here with FWDN and then flashed your zip and the touchscreen still doesn't work...

either your tablet has the same name as mine but internally they are different or the touchscreen config files are not in the system folder...

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
It's great, thank you !

Can you upload the boot.img and recovery.img which had to be extracted too. The first one is very important cause it contains the kernel and I think it's not the same for GB and ICS.

Here is the link to the 2.3 rom including boot.img. It take time to boot the first time (it seems to bootloop but it doesn't) but it is working fine.
Kiiv_mp827_2.3_with_bootimg.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
i did think there was something missing but those were the only files that were in the romdump folder. i'll try to find another way to dump boot and recovery.

EDIT: i found the commands to dump boot and recovery. here they are: MP827_MID8127_ICS_boot+recovery.zip

Last edited:

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Perfect. I have something to play with now ^^

Does the file I've uploaded work for you ?

AFPT

Jun 11, 2012
great news!

i tried flashing the 2nd zip you sent me but it didn't work. i got stuck on the android logo... but then I flashed the 2.3 firmware with FWDN and flashed your boot.img in fastboot mode and it worked!

Thanks!

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Cool ! But I don't know why it doesn't work with the zip :(
The first boot is very long, I thought I was stuck on the android logo too, but I wasn't.

But principal thing is that you finally get this thing working :)

EViollet

Jul 6, 2012
Cool ! But I don't know why it doesn't work with the zip :(
The first boot is very long, I thought I was stuck on the android logo too, but I wasn't.

But principal thing is that you finally get this thing working :)

How long does it take? I've been waiting 5 minutes now and still seems to be bootlooping.
I'l give it another 10 minutes, but I've never seen a boot that long... ;)

EDIT : OK! Took about 15 minutes!
EDIT : It seems that the ROM is rooted but doesn't have google apps. No market, no gmail, etc. Tried flashing gapps, but still no market. Also, is it possible to remount /system rw on this device?

Last edited:

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Gmail is not included cause it is on the market.
Do you see market in application manager? If yes, try to delete app data and reboot, it should appears after that. I think I've got the problem too.

EViollet

Jul 6, 2012
Gmail is not included cause it is on the market.
Do you see market in application manager? If yes, try to delete app data and reboot, it should appears after that. I think I've got the problem too.

Hi.

I have the market installed but it's all greyed out. I'm thinking that reflashing gapps over the ROM wasn't a good idea.
Starting everything over again from scratch.

I'll tell you know how that goes.

Edit: full wipe, reinstalled the rom. Same thing. Market greyed out even though I can delete the data. But it still doesn't appear in te available apps.
It's as if the market was frozen using Titanium Backup.
I'll try installing Titanium Backup see what it gives.

Envoyé depuis mon cm_tenderloin avec Tapatalk

Last edited:

EViollet

Jul 6, 2012
It's weird :/ maybe you can try to clear cache via CWM.

Already done.

Here's what I did : wipe data from CWM and then install your ROM. Wiping data also wipes cache.
Are you sure it works for you when you wipe data ? You don't have a market app in the data partition ?

After installing the market on the tablet's default ROM I don't have this issue (market working fine)

Envoyé depuis mon cm_tenderloin avec Tapatalk