Need help with a MPMAN 827, replica of a Coby Kyros MID 8027

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Yes sure. I always clear all data/factory reset before flashing a ROM.

I remember that I've had this issue one time but I can't remember how I fix it...

I'm sorry I'm not at home this week end so I cant do much more.coming back tonight.I'll try to make a cleaner build.

EViollet

Jul 6, 2012
Yes sure. I always clear all data/factory reset before flashing a ROM.

I remember that I've had this issue one time but I can't remember how I fix it...

I'm sorry I'm not at home this week end so I cant do much more.coming back tonight.I'll try to make a cleaner build.

Thanks. Just a quick question : on your ROM do you have access to YouTube and can you connect your account. ?

Envoyé depuis mon cm_tenderloin avec Tapatalk

EViollet

Jul 6, 2012
Ok, new build is up.

I've cleaned it and removed gapps from the rom itself. You can download them here and flash it directly after the rom before rebooting.
Market is working but it doesn't appears immediatly (don't know why...).

Youtube is working (downloaded from the market) but I don't know how to add my account...

Kiiv_GB_V0.3.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Thanks.

Downloading now. I'll tell you how it goes.

As for Youtube, just launch the app, tap "menu", and then "My channel". It'll connect your account. Well it should in any case. I know this doesn't work on Froyo, and my tries for the moment have been desperately vain on this ROM also, even though it should work on Gingerbread.

edit: just tested. It's perfect. Everything is working fine! Youtube account connection also works great!
edit2: how do you access your contacts? My usual contact apps seem to be incompatible with this ROM and there isn't any contact manager installed by default. Is the contact app missing?
Actually I was wondering if it couldn't be because you removed the dialer app. I know it seems useless on these tablets but if remember well, it's kind of necessary on pre-ICS ROMs.

Regards,

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Hi EViollet,

sorry I didn't see your second update before.
I didn't try any contact app with this ROM actually... But the dialer app is not in the stock rom either, I didn't remove it myself. Maybe you can try to push it via adb in /system/app.

EViollet

Jul 6, 2012
Hi EViollet,

sorry I didn't see your second update before.
I didn't try any contact app with this ROM actually... But the dialer app is not in the stock rom either, I didn't remove it myself. Maybe you can try to push it via adb in /system/app.

Hi.

I tried pushing a contact app and it works. I haven't managed, however, to get contact apps to appear in the market though. Pushing them manually works though.

Regards

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk

flahondes

Jul 26, 2012
Sorry I'm a newbe on rom flashing...
Is there a how to or a procedure to follow to upgrade my mpman 827 (8127) using your files?

thanks !

Thanks.

Downloading now. I'll tell you how it goes.

As for Youtube, just launch the app, tap "menu", and then "My channel". It'll connect your account. Well it should in any case. I know this doesn't work on Froyo, and my tries for the moment have been desperately vain on this ROM also, even though it should work on Gingerbread.

edit: just tested. It's perfect. Everything is working fine! Youtube account connection also works great!
edit2: how do you access your contacts? My usual contact apps seem to be incompatible with this ROM and there isn't any contact manager installed by default. Is the contact app missing?
Actually I was wondering if it couldn't be because you removed the dialer app. I know it seems useless on these tablets but if remember well, it's kind of necessary on pre-ICS ROMs.

Regards,

Thanks a lot!

tbc2008

Aug 16, 2012
Hi!!
I'm new here and i just want to know if i could use this firmware update on my MID8027 too?? Or will it only work on a MID8127??
Just wondering, because both Tabs have the same tech. specs...
Kind regards,
Chris