Need help with Augen Gentouch email

jillijo44

Nov 12, 2010
My Gentouch will not let me finish a set up with my email. I know it is run by google and I have a Comcast.net email address. Can anyone help?

hoben02

Nov 10, 2010
when i'm setting up an account on my android 2.1 there is a button allowing for manual setup. have you tried that route where you have to know the incoming/outgoing mail server information

Matt262

Nov 8, 2010
Go to Comcast's website and search for the POP3 and SMTP settings and perform manual setup as recommended by hoben02...some firmwares will pick up the settings automatically for ISP webmail, but some do not...for example, my HTC Hero with Sprint will NOT pick up my Cox E-mail settings automatically, whereas my dad's Samsung Transform through Sprint WILL pick everything up...both Android 2.1 update 1...some inconsistency lies underneath somewhere...but manual setup ought to get you going straight.

Remember though, to set your refresh interval to something realistic for your use...my phone defaulted to checking for e-mail every 5 minutes, which is a battery hog...I don't need it THAT bad, so I set it to every 3 hours. You also have the option to set to use manual download. This can be done under Settings/Download Frequency.