Need help with Nextbook Premium 7 home screen clock!

jjford

Jan 29, 2012
Well, the darn clock on the home screen is hung up. The time on the status bar is correct; as is the time on the space-y looking font on the locked home screen. I'm wondering if, since it has a little weather icon on it, is it only updated when I'm wi-fi'n and using the weather forecast app? I've gone to set time numerous times and it doesn't change it. Grrrr. Annoying, it is. Otherwise, I kinda like the little tablet (I'm new to these creatures) and am learning as I go. Yes, I did RTFM, such as it is. Any help or confirmation on my genius self-problem solving is appreciated.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi JJ, welcome to the Android Tablets and congratulations on the new tablet. Nice to have you here as a member of the forum. I'm thinking your "genius self-problem solving" is probably correct. I also suspect the place to "fix" it would be somewhere in the settings for the app, not in the settings for the tablet where I think you've been trying to "fix" it. Worth looking into? If you can't "fix" it, you can probably get rid of it by long pressing on the icon and then dragging it to the garbage can that appears and dropping it in. Then, get a different app or have a nice clean screen like I have.:cool: Have fun and enjoy your new tablet.

SkyeBleu

Apr 1, 2012
Yes, the clock with the weather only updates when you are "wi fing" it. I have one too, except my problem now is it won't turn on!