Need help with this Samsung Galaxy 2 7 inch

jtrox76

Jun 1, 2012
Just got this tablet a few days ago and love everything except a few issues. I cannot find an app that actually works for moving apps 2 SD!! I have had an Android lifestyle for 2 years now and am pretty good with the OS systems. I have tried the top 5 rated apps for moving apps to SD and none are able to work. I do have ICS 4.0 as my OS, any info is greatly appreciated, thx!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Thanks for joining us and congrats on your tablet purchase.

I have not found a way to move apps to the microSD cards on ICS. One reason is because each OEM mounts the external storage in a different location.

How much internal storage does your tab have? I have 16GB and I have not used much of it for apps (1-1.5 GB).

I keep music on the cloud (google music) and movies on a microSD.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
jtrox76 said:
Just got this tablet a few days ago and love everything except a few issues. I cannot find an app that actually works for moving apps 2 SD!! I have had an Android lifestyle for 2 years now and am pretty good with the OS systems. I have tried the top 5 rated apps for moving apps to SD and none are able to work. I do have ICS 4.0 as my OS, any info is greatly appreciated, thx!

Unfortunately ICS and Honeycomb do not support apps2SD. Given the internal storage limitations of the Tab 2 7 pretty much all you can do iskeep all media on an external microSD, our if you are usually in range of a fast wifi connection you can take advantage of the cloud based storage.

Last edited: