Need Help With What Tablet To Purchase To Test Game In Development.

cvegas

Apr 8, 2013
Hopefully this won't PO a bunch of folks but I have to admit it so that you can understand my plight.

I have been a windows guy all my adult life (and I'm very old)

I have a developer working on a video game that I hope to bring to the Android market.

I need to purchase something that I can use to test the application before being published.

I did purchase a Galaxy Tab 2 but took it back.

I am also having this developed as a flash web application and I had to jump threw a few hoops to get flash on the Ice Cream Sandwich OS. It did not work that well, once I got flash installed.

So now that you all know how ignorant I am the real question is.

What can I purchase (as little as possible since I'm old) that I can use to test an Android video game that I would like to put out for android phones, and tablets.

I would also like something that can be used to test a flash website application.

Hopefully someone will take "pity on an old fool" and send me in a direction that doesn't keep me going in circles.

(I used the pity wording just to prove how old I really am)

Don't know that it's important but I did sign up for a Google Play Developer Account.

Look forward to a reply from someone who takes pity on ( you know)

Thanks in advance for any relevant info you can provide.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
The galaxy tab was probably a pretty good tablet for testing. There may be better tablets, but unlikely one more mainstream. The offerings from Asus are quite good as well, but I'm thinking a Nexus might be your best bet, either the 7 (built by Asus) or the Nexus 10 (built by Samsung).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1