Need Help With What Tablet To Purchase To Test Game In Development.

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Games' started by cvegas, Apr 8, 2013.

1. cvegas

cvegas Member

Apr 8, 2013
    United States
    Tablet / Device:
    Hopefully this won't PO a bunch of folks but I have to admit it so that you can understand my plight.

I have been a windows guy all my adult life (and I'm very old)

I have a developer working on a video game that I hope to bring to the Android market.

I need to purchase something that I can use to test the application before being published.

I did purchase a Galaxy Tab 2 but took it back.

I am also having this developed as a flash web application and I had to jump threw a few hoops to get flash on the Ice Cream Sandwich OS. It did not work that well, once I got flash installed.

So now that you all know how ignorant I am the real question is.

What can I purchase (as little as possible since I'm old) that I can use to test an Android video game that I would like to put out for android phones, and tablets.

I would also like something that can be used to test a flash website application.

Hopefully someone will take "pity on an old fool" and send me in a direction that doesn't keep me going in circles.

(I used the pity wording just to prove how old I really am)

Don't know that it's important but I did sign up for a Google Play Developer Account.

Look forward to a reply from someone who takes pity on ( you know)

Thanks in advance for any relevant info you can provide.
  2. Tom T

Tom T Senior Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Washington State
    Tablet / Device:
    Hauwei S7
    The galaxy tab was probably a pretty good tablet for testing. There may be better tablets, but unlikely one more mainstream. The offerings from Asus are quite good as well, but I'm thinking a Nexus might be your best bet, either the 7 (built by Asus) or the Nexus 10 (built by Samsung).

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1