Need help with wi-fi

EricaW

Jul 23, 2012
My Android tablet isn't connecting to the wireless internet anymore, it isn't even giving me time to put in the wireless internet information. It will stay connected for about a minute and then turn off by itself and I don't know how to fix it. I've tried restarting it and a lot of other stuff. Please any help is much needed. Thank you.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum EricaW

The problem may be your WiFi router/modem. Try powering it down for 30 seconds then power it back up and retry your connection.

If that doesn't work we can look elsewhere. You might also try to find a public WiFi hotspot to see if you can connect to it in case it really is a problem with the tablet.

EricaW

Jul 23, 2012
I have tried to connect to the internet many places. It's the wi-fi connection, when i turn it on so I can connect to the internet it will only stay on for a minute then turn itself off, so I can't even put in the internet information or even connect to it.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I have tried to connect to the internet many places. It's the wi-fi connection, when i turn it on so I can connect to the internet it will only stay on for a minute then turn itself off, so I can't even put in the internet information or even connect to it.

Have you installed any apps that would have helped in getting connected to a phone, something like PDANet?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
No I have not, should I try that?

No, the types of apps I was talking about COULD cause a problem. I think it sounds as though your tablet has a hardware problem. See if you can get an RMA with the manufacturer to get it repaired.