Need IMEI on A500

lilrooster

Aug 5, 2011
Ok so here is the deal, about a year ago I was forced to retire at only 34 due to severe medical issues, my only joy these days comes from playing on my tablet. Now this is cool, but I have found that TONS of stuff require an IMEI # for various reasons. So to the best of my knowledge we don't seem to have an IMEI # on the A500. Is there a way to possibly fake one? I don't even know what it is, just know that I need one in order to get my points properly on 2 of my favorite apps

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Nope, can't fake one because there isn't even a cellular radio in the device.

Google will tell you in a heartbeat what an IMEI is. Some software uses it as a unique identifer, but realistically that is an invasion of your privacy and you should ***** to the developer.

You could trade it in for an acer A501 which has 3G.

But I'd be interested to know what you are trying to run that requires an IMEI?

Last edited:

lilrooster

Aug 5, 2011
It's games. As I said, I am disabled and have trouble getting around, so I spend a lot of time playing games. There are a ton of games that use the IMEI as an ID, so to transfer your game to a new device (which mine is) you need both IMEI from the devices. Also for some reason I do not get my credits when I download other apps, like from tapjoy. I was just hoping that there was an app for devices without the radio device to allow us to circumvent this issue. Yes I know I could have bought a 501, however I had no reason to get a carrier backed 3g model when I can tether my 500 when I am on the go.

I did see where someone has made this happen on the nook color, so I just thought maybe someone out there had found a way for us Acer users

alphawave7

May 1, 2011
It's games. As I said, I am disabled and have trouble getting around, so I spend a lot of time playing games. There are a ton of games that use the IMEI as an ID, so to transfer your game to a new device (which mine is) you need both IMEI from the devices. Also for some reason I do not get my credits when I download other apps, like from tapjoy. I was just hoping that there was an app for devices without the radio device to allow us to circumvent this issue. Yes I know I could have bought a 501, however I had no reason to get a carrier backed 3g model when I can tether my 500 when I am on the go.

I did see where someone has made this happen on the nook color, so I just thought maybe someone out there had found a way for us Acer users

If anyone could help with this, it'd be DizzyDen: xda-developers - View Profile: DizzyDenive him a shout. Good luck! :)