Need LY-706 2.2 ROM or instructions to format internal memory

seekrom

Jul 23, 2011
Hi,

I have an LY 706 tablet that I upgraded from 1.6 to 1.98. It worked great and I should have just left it at that. I wanted to go to 2.2 and flashed it with a M001 ROM and now my touchscreen does not work. I've tried all different ROMs and none of them work.I still have the LY 706 1.98 rom but I cannot go back to it because the script folder isn't recognized. Anything that's below 2.0 is not recognized at all and no installation happens.

Is there a 2.2 ROM available for LY 706?

If not, is there a way to format the internal memory so it forgets I ever installed a 2.2 ROM on it? I just want to go back to it's previous version :-(

GerardSamija

Nov 16, 2011
I too am keenly interested in all the information you will offer on this subject. I just bought a MID 706 (or LY-706) almost new on craigslist for $80, a potential Christmas present for my little boy... but the thing is so slow, and has such limited applications (and the built-in 'market' doesn't work at all) that I'm thinking it was a waste of $80 unless I can upgrade it. Need proper market app access. I've spent hours and hours testing installs of at least a dozen custom ROMs purported to speed such devices up... but nothing will install. Period. The two microSD cards I've tried with are both recognised just fine, but nothing happens no matter which files and settings I choose with CHANGER or the other methods.

So long story short; could you explain how you got 1.98 onto yours? That might be enough to help out. Otherwise I'll likely try to get whatever I can for this piece of junk on craigslist again.