Need MD5 of B&N 1.1 update zip file

ADude

Mar 4, 2011
Hi !

If someone has a copy of the B&N 1.10 update that worked for you, please make an MD5 for me.

I ask this because I have downloaded the current bn.com update file twice, once to my laptop and then moved over using USB and once directly using the NC's browser and then moved to the top of the drive.

In both cases, the NC just deleted the update file - which is what it does when thinks the file is corrupted. I suspect that perhaps the bn.com file itself is corrupted (there is a precedent for this from reading threads).

Please only do this if you know that zip file worked, thanks.

( I did the following:
- check that there was no (1) suffix
- check that it was at the top of the folder structure
- check that it was the same number of bytes as reported by others
- even tried changing the leading upper case character to lower case, as suggested by one user

and nothing has worked.)

PS Any chance that somehow running Nookie Froyo off the uSD card has affected things ? Supposedly not, but...

ADude

Mar 4, 2011
Sideload_update.zip
md5: 2F533C63FCFDB4F655C684BD9A95A298

Have used this b&n 1.1 zip twice.

Interesting !

The one on the BN site at the moment is:

B61E70C723D014BEE22B84070D259236

With all the recent NC sales, I am surprised no else has noticed.

I found a link to 1.0.1 on the BN site (in a nookdevs procedure) and it worked in seconds after I put it in the right spot, same procedure that failed to work with 1.1.0

I am using the same laptop to download both 1.0.1 and 1.1.0 from the BN site, so clearly the 1.1.0 is corrupt.

Hmmm.... I tried changing the "1.0.1" in the URL for the 1.0.1 file on the BN site to "1.1" and that did get me to a link, so I am downloading that one, and if it works (and/or matches your MD5), I will post the URLs here.

HOWEVER, it did not work, it does not match your MD5 and it does match the MD5 of the normal BN site.

I may wait and see if it "auto-updates" from BN by wifi, since some people who have not been able to do the 1.1.0 sideload update, have had their NC update on its own. That might mean the auto-update file is different...

Last edited:

ADude

Mar 4, 2011
Many thanks to you guys !

Apparently, B&N have quietly fixed the problem, and downloading the update today, it matched your MD5 and just finished installing.