Need recomendation not from reps.

zipmix

Jun 2, 2010
Hello group! I'm Danny I'm new here and this is a first post. I'm sorry if I posted
in the wrong section. First a lil bit bout me. I have motocliq. From tmo
and I absolulty love android. I can only imagin how fun it would be
to use an android tablet w/o motoblur! My question is can anyone make a recomendation
for an android tablet under $200? One that won't break when I turn it on.
I've heard some horor storys about cheep tablets fron china online
retailers. So anyway I'm despret to buy one that's a good one at an afordable price
and from a reputable dealer.
Thanks in advance!

zipmix

Jun 2, 2010
Update by danny. Well I still haven't found one. I like the archos,but I want one that looks more like ipadish. I don't need 3g. Wifi will do just fine.
Also one that has android market. Unless I can get the apps from another source. Ok I'm rambling. Times close to payday and I wanna buy one soon. Please advise me. Thanks guys.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The real problem is your price. You are on the edge between a decent to bad choice in many ways.
There are some solid older designs which work, but are dead ends (Gen 8 Archos, Playbooks, HP TouchPads) There are designs whichare available but also could be a disappointments.
The Archos 70-Gen9 is a valid choice at 199. The Squarish 8.9 Samsung is too pricey. But you need to give more detail. I would suggest going to a retail store and describe what does and does not work. I ended up going to an ASUS for $100 more as there is so many bad choices at 200.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Looking for a tablet that is worth having for less than two hundred limits your choices hard, but I will recommend the Vizio VTAB 1008. It has a 8 inch screen. So it's larger than the Chinese tablets you see, in the same price range and a much better product.
$Vizio-Vtab-1008-Tablet.jpg
Going for just under 200.00 these days. The picture you see on the screen here is what the home page looks like, you can give this tablet the full tablet feel by downloading VTL.Launcher from the market, it cost 3.00. Wallpapers can be done through the Wallpaper Wizardrii app, just remember that after changing the WP you need to restart the tablet for it to take affect, this app also allows you to crop and resize the pictures.
Unfortunately this is the only tablet I can think of that is user ready out of the box that comes with the real Android Market preinstalled that is in your price range, it also does Netflix and Hulu.
Hope this helps.
By the way. I have this tablet and use it all the time, Vizio is an American Company and is coming out with a 10 inch tablet sometime this year, price and release date unknown but these are great little tablets.

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
maybe you should consider getting the Le Pan 1. its got decent reviews

True, but it is running an old Android OS and LePan is not going to update the ROM. Also it has a proprietary peripheral hook up and there is no USB compatibility..