Need some assistance with my onda V711

camsarria

Sep 20, 2012
Greetings, i am the owner of a onda V711, i really need help regarding some nuisances occouring in my tablet.

First of all, i just want to say that the comercial service of onda is impecable, i payed for a good tablet, everything came in 100% good conditions, and im 99% happy with it, what is not impecable is onda's customer support, because they dont even reply to my emails, and their main site is in chinese, being the english site just a comercial front for device sales. So device quality and comercial - 100% / Customer support - 0% :p

Now, this device has a small issue - it doesnt open youtube or facebook in the browzer, the only exception is when i use firefox, every other browzers fail to connect to those sites.

After checking the onda site ONDA with a translator to help me i noticed a firmware update to fix conection issues with youtube and facebook, i downloaded the zip file, but how do i actually update the firmware? i have a very big manual that came with the device , and it prolly explains that procedure, but alas, its on chinese :p

Can anyone help me with this situation? Thanks in advance

Carlos

Wen74

Sep 26, 2012
In theory you would copy the file in the sd card, start the tablet with home (at least in 712) button pressed thus getting to recovery mode. From there select install from card (using the home/volumebutton to navigate), select the zip-file and press power.

In practise with my 712 didn't work and gave me signature error.

Sopper

May 23, 2012
Extract the firmware.zip file to the root of the SD card.
There should be 5 or 6 files now:
mnt/external_sdcard/extracted files
Turn of your tablet completely.
Keep home button pressed, power up untill you see the white android figure, release both buttons.
It should update the new firmware now.

Feb 2, 2011
Hello camsarria!!!

I am in the market to buy the Onda v711 and so have been researching about the tablet - everywhere. I noticed someone else mentioning the same problem you have in another forum and then solving it, subsequently. Please check the link below:

Onda V711 Dual Core - SlateDroid.com

It seems straightforward enough. I am only worried that to access the folder, you may have to root the device; and I have yet to come across rooting instruction. But I digress. He didn't mention anything about rooting, so maybe it's not required. Well, keep your finger crossed.

Hey, can you post the direct link to the new firmware? I would really appreciate it. Couldn't make head or tails of the Onda site. Even after translating it in Bing.

Thanks man, really appreciate it

Sopper

May 23, 2012
Hello camsarria!!!

I am in the market to buy the Onda v711 and so have been researching about the tablet - everywhere. I noticed someone else mentioning the same problem you have in another forum and then solving it, subsequently. Please check the link below:

Onda V711 Dual Core - SlateDroid.com

It seems straightforward enough. I am only worried that to access the folder, you may have to root the device; and I have yet to come across rooting instruction. But I digress. He didn't mention anything about rooting, so maybe it's not required. Well, keep your finger crossed.

Hey, can you post the direct link to the new firmware? I would really appreciate it. Couldn't make head or tails of the Onda site. Even after translating it in Bing.

Thanks man, really appreciate it

Onda Devices are rooted from factory.

Firmware link for you V711: ONDA
(3rd tab, go for 1.5 firmware, its rock solid and lightning fast)

test1

Sep 27, 2012
i need help to set arabic language in this device..google support arabic from ics 4.0 but onda not include arabic in language list.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Sopper

May 23, 2012
You can bypass that by using the app: More Locale2
Untill Onda Releases new firmware including languages missing in 1.5
(i also miss Dutch, Polish etc)

camsarria

Sep 20, 2012
Allright, i patched onda to V 1.5, had it like that for a week and one day my android crashed and i couldnt get past the while android logo.
I managed to recover my tablet by flashing it to 1.4 (for some reason 1.5 wasnt working) and now i got onda 1.4 and i cannot update for 1.5, the home +power on procedure simply wont work.

Is there any way i can force the firmware via software, or computer, or are there any unnoficial patches ?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

MIKE323

Oct 30, 2012
Allright, i patched onda to V 1.5, had it like that for a week and one day my android crashed and i couldnt get past the while android logo.
I managed to recover my tablet by flashing it to 1.4 (for some reason 1.5 wasnt working) and now i got onda 1.4 and i cannot update for 1.5, the home +power on procedure simply wont work.

Is there any way i can force the firmware via software, or computer, or are there any unnoficial patches ?

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Carlos, any news? Where you able to install V1.5 back?