Need some help Identifying what version of telechips my tablet is.

Dreamboxuser

Jul 3, 2012
So i went and got myself a Vinci tab (first gen VH-2001) for my son cause he's just too rough with my Transformer and i'm looking to root and flash some roms. Problem is I'm having trouble rooting it as all the traditional methods that i know dont work (IE manual, Superone click, Gingerbreak). Second problem is that i cant determine what model telechips the device is. The build.prop says it is a ro.product.brand=telechips ro.product.board=m801_evm and the ro.board.platform=tcc88xx. The main reason for the root failing is because the system directory always says that it is out of memory when i try and push the su binary (odd but i did try and copy while in recovery as one of the guides suggested and that works but it never stayed). Another problem that i have encountered is that i cant get to recovery without using adb even then it just has andy and the ! . Also i am looking for the appropriate repos so that i can compile it myself and tweak out some of the bugs that seem to be present.

So all in all i have come here with a decent little tab (when it works) with some really brutal software that needs fixing(like Cell standby which is on all the time).

Any push in the right direction would be awesome.