Need some Help with Generic ICS Tablet.

Torallas

Sep 25, 2012
Found a generic tablet for a really good price. For the record, it's a Playtab 10 Student, from Kempler & Strauss.

My expectations were pretty low since well... it's not a recognized brand. But the device has turned out to be pretty decent.

It's running ICS, and so far it's been pretty good.

Here's the thing, i'm used to flashing and modding my gadgets whenever i can, i just like having that "Extra Control". And in this case some Stock apps that i would have liked are missing, and i've always wanted to try custom ROMS.

Main problem is that, there's NO support if anything at all about this tablet!

It seems as if i was the only human being on this planet that got one. It's a nice device to be honest. Capacitive Screen, 6gb internal memory, SD slot, 10" Screen, and yet i can't find anything about it online.

Where i'm getting to is... How do I start modding it? I'm terrified of bricking it (which i know is always the risk) since i have nowhere to download it's own ROM or anything like that.

I'd consider myself an "advanced" user in the sense that i've flashed some android devices before, (back in the Froyo times though, so i barely remember anything at all), but I am no expert by any means, and whatever i learned back then is pretty rusty, so here it goes:

1.- Can I "Extract" my own ROM for later use?

2.- Which software should i get for my PC to do all this?

3.- Which Custom ROM's would I be able to use?

4.- On my Status bar, there were Volume soft keys (device has no hardware keys cept for "Back" "Home" and "Menu" an "Power") and they suddenly dissappeared in the first day of use, without me installing any new apps yet. In case anyone knows how to deal with this one. I "fixed" this by downloading "Volume in notification bar" App.

Thanks a lot for your attention, and I apologize for the strange English, it's not my native Tongue.

Torallas

Sep 25, 2012
Anyone had any experience before with "Generic" Tablets? I'd really love some help.

Torallas

Sep 25, 2012
Even if not related to my Original question, any advice on where to check so i can get more info on my tablet? I've searched everywhere! It just seems like i'm the only person in this earth with this Tablet. I'd love to be able to at the very least know a way to Extract my ROM and be able to restore it in case it somehow gets corrupted on the device.