Need to know how to tranfer my e book to the vizio tablet and what software to view

keifus

Jan 4, 2012
Hello I just got this vizio tablet, I have a lot of e books on my computer and want to transfer them to my tablet, can anyone tell me if I need to load a reader software and if I do, what software should I use? I have some e book in pdf format..So confused can anyone help?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You will probably need reader software, and the best I have used so far is FB Reader, mainly because setup is simple. Just install the software and create a folder, if it isn"t created for you, in the root directory of your internal sd card "Books", i.e. mount/sdcard/Books, and drop your books in this folder. The software will find them and give you various ways to view them in a bookshelf style directory. FB Reader is compatible with a number of different file formats, but will read epub and mobi, two you most likely will be using. Happy reading!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Martel

Nov 14, 2011
I have been using Moon+ Reader. Wrks great. I just go find an epub book, download it and go to the directory in the reader

pgarne01

Jan 30, 2012
Kindle Reader App handles .pdf files just fine. As long as you don't want to "manage" the books in your Kindle library. Probably a way to do it but I haven't pursued.

.epub books are well managed in the Nook/MyDocuments folder by that app. Copy them in, start Nook and then "Synch". Couple of minor glitches I've found in nook app having to do with "Go To" page # and "Archiving" MyDocument files are easy to live with.

jhig1961

Nov 27, 2011
I'm using fb reader and was able to put books on external sd card. When connected to PC was able to make a folder on sd card and and drag books from PC to the folder and reader is able to find them.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

vtabuser

Jan 20, 2012
I'll second Aldiko, I've read all of JRR Tolkein's books on my Vtab using it since I bought my Vtab around New Years. It has a really simple user interface, has bookmarks and note taking abilities, and supports mobi, epub, pdf, and others. The only gripe I've had is that when zooming in it seems just a tad bit laggy, but tis still the best I've used yet.