Need to reboot 4 or 5 times

susanrc10

Apr 26, 2012
Hi - I use a mSD card to boot into CMD7 on my Nook Color. Pretty often when I'm playing a space hogging game my device will freeze. So I need to reboot. Only when I try to reboot it takes 4 or 5 tries to get a successful boot. It will sometimes get stuck with the circle going around the poor little robot. Often it gets to my home screen, load 1/2 the widgets and freezes again.

Does anyone know what' going on?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You can try starting from scratch to see if a clean install of CM7 helps.

1. Possibly you have an app(s) that is causing instability and freezing. You can try and find the app causing the problems by removing or using an app like Titanium Backup to freeze them one at a time until you no longer experience the issue. One you find the app that was causing the issue uninstall it.

2. It is possible you are using a low quality SD card. Not all cards are created equal and the small block read write is more important for running a bootable SD than the over all class. Generally San Disk Class 4 tend to have the best performance for this purpose. If you search you will find many threads about this topic and the performance of various cards.