Need to reinstall rom for m7206 infotmic tablet

christims

Dec 30, 2011
I have recently purchased two m7206 infotmic tablets of which one of them works great! The bad news is, the other has recently developed a problem in which programs that are uninstalled reappear upon reboot. Likewise, apps that are downloaded and installed disappear upon reboot as well. I have tried the factory reset and format under privacy settings but nothing seems to work. I also have some icons that appear but do not star their respective programs. The tablet even sees a micro sd card with programs even when nothing is in the slot. Somehow, I think the rom has become corrupt but I do not know how to find or install the appropriate one to use. I'll leave it to the great minds here....any ideas?

javielo

Jan 12, 2011
I have recently purchased two m7206 infotmic tablets of which one of them works great! The bad news is, the other has recently developed a problem in which programs that are uninstalled reappear upon reboot. Likewise, apps that are downloaded and installed disappear upon reboot as well. I have tried the factory reset and format under privacy settings but nothing seems to work. I also have some icons that appear but do not star their respective programs. The tablet even sees a micro sd card with programs even when nothing is in the slot. Somehow, I think the rom has become corrupt but I do not know how to find or install the appropriate one to use. I'll leave it to the great minds here....any ideas?

Hi:

Please give me a call 901-679-5880 Jay

I will let you know what to do.

jx888

Feb 23, 2012
I have the same problem. Most of the applications crashed when I start them, making it unusable. I can't seem to open Market, My Pad, or Apk Manager to access the SD card to install any application. I tried the factory reset, re-flashing the factory firmware but it still boots up to the old image. If anyone found a way to fix this, would you mind post the instruction. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...

lomeris

Feb 29, 2012
I had the same problem but I fixed it by replacing internal sd card
I cloned broken sd to new one but some features still not working

Could some body give link to the original factory firmware

jx888

Feb 23, 2012
I'm waiting to hear back from AnnPad on the OEM firmware. I will post it if they respond back. Can you provide instruction on how to remove the screen to replace the SD card w/o damaging it? Also, did you do a sector by sector copy or just copy everything from the bad sd to the new sd cards?

Thanks for the respond...cheers

lomeris

Feb 29, 2012
hmmm... i don't know how disassemble AnnPad
but the less damaging for m7206 (MID 7) is
* video from TechKnow forum
i cloned all SD card content (Physical Disk) with CloneDisk (part of Hren's Boot CD)

Last edited by a moderator: