Need up-to-date advice on what Android tablet to buy

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by jhsu, May 24, 2012.

1. jhsu

jhsu Member

Tablet / Device:
    None yet
    I'm in the market for my first Android tablet. My top reasons for buying my first Android tablet are:
    1. Testing Android apps: I'm interested in working as a mobile software engineer, and the simulated mobile device in the development software can't fully replicate the mobile device experience.
    2. Using the apps available on Google Play.

I'm buying a tablet with Android 2.3. Most Android users are using Android 2.3.3 or earlier, and only a small percentage are using Android 3 or Android 4.

Should I consider buying one of the cheap Android tablets available on Ebay, or are these just reincarnated Yugos? I see many Android 2.3 tablets selling for under $100 and even a few selling for under $70.

2. SpeMall.com

SpeMall.com Senior Member

Hi jhsu, welcome to the forum, you may can have a look at our Android Tablet PC. and the best choice of tablets under $100 will be the Ainol novo 7 Tornado at the moment. hope you'll get what you want soon. Good luck! :)

3. userbe1155

userbe1155 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    wm8650
    Onda VX610W Deluxe 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 Onda VX610W Deluxe 7 Inch Android 4.0 Tablet PC Capacitive Touch Screen Allwinner A10 [OVX610W] - $108.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electroni

hi, i recommend this tab & this seller for you, its cheap, but hi-spec & i believe the tornado is ips based so will struggle to have the apps available for your needs. this seller is a supporting vendor in this forum and has good reviews for honesty & service. worth checking out in my opinion.

4. userbe1155

userbe1155 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    wm8650