Need your Help to Get HC on your MID7024 or MID8024?

bst82551

Jun 4, 2011
View attachment $7024 files.zipI have a rooted 7024. No root explorer, but I'm perfectly comfortable with pushing/pulling files using ADB. I've attached my build.prop and default.prop files. Default.prop wasn't in the /system folder. It was hanging out in the root of the filesystem at "/". The only thing I've done is tweak my LCD density using the LCD density app from 200 to 180.

I don't know what you're talking about when you mention "boosting" RAM, but you just let me know what needs to be done and I'll give it a shot.

bedlamster

Sep 12, 2011
recently rooted my 8024 so that i could disable the annoying buttons on the bottom. Rooting it and running button savior works great! Would love to upgrade my 2.2 to HC and max out my Samsung cortex processor. Any help thanks so much! Cool forum!

Can you please post providing instructions on how to disable the soft buttons? They are truly annoying.

Thx

Sent from my MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi there. If you'd like to (and it's also possible) expand the models supported in this effort to include the MID1024 I would like to help. This model is one of the best in its class due to its big and capacitive scree, it just needs an updated Android version for it. ;)

Rowalndiv

Sep 10, 2011
Can you please post providing instructions on how to disable the soft buttons? They are truly annoying.ThxSent from my MID8024 using Android Tablet Forum
Ifound this on this forum. "On a froyo custom rom you can simply remove the ata2538.ko driver (or not include it during installation). As for doing it on the stock rom, I don't know if once rooted (partially rooted) we can remove the module). I use ButtonSavior to get the missing buttons on screen once the hard buttons are deactivated."I did this then rooted my 8024 and installed button savior. Only issue is the leds say on. Not to big of a deal. Save the ata2538.ko driver on a computer bfor u remove it from your tab.

lasithc

Sep 24, 2011
Hi ,

I rooted my 7024 with following steps.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/12842-how-root-mid7024.html

I
got the # on cmd so I think I rooted it successfully.

Then I tried to install Button Savior on my tablet by double clicking the apk and it get installed without any error. But I can only working with home button and not the rest.
Can you help me to resolve this?

Not sure I got wrong su and superuser.apk files when rooting therfore can you please give me your files?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi ,

I rooted my 7024 with following steps.
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/coby-generation-2-technical/12842-how-root-mid7024.html

I
got the # on cmd so I think I rooted it successfully.

Then I tried to install Button Savior on my tablet by double clicking the apk and it get installed without any error. But I can only working with home button and not the rest.
Can you help me to resolve this?

Not sure I got wrong su and superuser.apk files when rooting therfore can you please give me your files?

Do you get the root prompt in adb or Terminal Emulator?

Also, from the previous posts, it seems that it may be necessary to first remove the utmodule for the buttons and then install Button Savior. If you tablet is rooted you should be able to move/rename the file and then reboot, then try installing/using BS.

lasithc

Sep 24, 2011
Hi,

hmm in command prompt I can see #. So I believe it rooted.
I installed Termninal Emulator but I can not poopup the softkeybord from it (there is no option to pop up softkeybord).

Can you help me to find the utmodule? where does it located? Also can you point me to the button savior version and location you have installed? Then I will try to install it.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Regards,
-Lasith.

lasithc

Sep 24, 2011
Do you get the root prompt in adb or Terminal Emulator?

Also, from the previous posts, it seems that it may be necessary to first remove the utmodule for the buttons and then install Button Savior. If you tablet is rooted you should be able to move/rename the file and then reboot, then try installing/using BS.

Hi,

I installed Termninal Emulator but I can not poopup the softkeybord from it (there is no option to pop up softkeybord).

Can you help me to find the utmodule? where does it located? Also can you point me to the button savior version and location you have installed? Then I will try to install it.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Regards,
-Lasith.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Hi,

Install Terminal Emulator from Jack Palevich, it works best and it's free.

/system/utmodules

File name is "ata2538.ko". Sorry, can't help with BS because I don't use it, but it seems that you don't have the official Market installed. If you don't, try to get it on your tablet, or try to get it (and Terminal Emulator) from other sources, like GetJar.com and/or freewarelovers.com. The stuff in AppsLib is usually old, rip offs, and may not work.

lasithc

Sep 24, 2011
Install Terminal Emulator from Jack Palevich, it works best and it's free.

/system/utmodules

File name is "ata2538.ko". Sorry, can't help with BS because I don't use it, but it seems that you don't have the official Market installed. If you don't, try to get it on your tablet, or try to get it (and Terminal Emulator) from other sources, like GetJar.com and/or freewarelovers.com. The stuff in AppsLib is usually old, rip offs, and may not work.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. As per the other threads they asked to remove "ata2538.ko" to disable the hardware buttons. But I my case I don't need to disable them (they are already broken :p ).
That's why I want to run BS on my tab. Without bak and menu buttons it is not easy to use the tab.