Neopad M902 MID 9.7" - 10" ? WM650 - bricked

drewyn

Dec 8, 2011
Hello, noob here - apologies if this information is posted elsewhere, I have had no joy in locating it here or on other forums.

re: Wondermedia WM8650 NEOPAD M902 MID (9.7")

1. Is reset pin hole the one next to the power plug hole? When device not plugged into ac power, should pressing this button cause blue light to go out? If it does not, then does this mean that the reset pin button has failed? Do we then need to crack it open in order to manually disconnect the battery?
2. Are there other more common names for this particular tablet? I have not had much joy in finding anything on any of the forums about this particular device?
3. Has anyone successfully upgraded this particular model (9.7" / 10" ? screen) to Uberoid Honeycomb or newer manufacturer firmware? I have tried the uberoid honeycomb v10.1 firmware, using various config combinations via CHANGER, but am not sure if the device is actually doing anything at least partly due to the reset button uncertainty. Device was working when received, but now bricked due to attempt to upgrade firmware for friend. (>_<) Thanks in advance for any insight!

Additional device details:

NEOPAD M902 MID
Processor WM8650 /800MHz ARM926EJ-S
256MB RAM
Android 2.2
Home button colour - BLUE (+RED when on the power point)
Audio jack colour - BLACK
camera - offset slightly to the right
Vibrate - NO

Tbags

Dec 8, 2011
I also have this model, and did pretty much the same thing as you...
1. hold the button down for a few seconds, but you may have bent the micro switch on the board (thats what i did) Cracked the case open to be able to power on and off, used 2x butter knifes, the grey case is glued to the black case so had to break it. Glad i did because it revealed something helpful (see answer 2)
2. The actual model is m008s V13
3. I have just installed uberoid BUT, i have an issue now, touch screen is non-responsive and i'm asked to "complete action with the following" VTL.Launcher.... Bugger!

I also downloaded the default rom from the aussie distributor (Spotbuy.com.au) it not up on the website tho, have been emailing the service department, lond story short, their rom didn't work for me but i'm put the link up for you.
www.media&#64257;re.com/download.php?dd9h66z373d69wt

Good luck, i'm trying to fix my issue now, if you get as far as me and the same thing happens let me know, hopefully i've solved it for the both of us...

Cheers

drewyn

Dec 8, 2011
Hey there, thanks for the info and sharing your findings on this! Have you since had any joy with the firmware? I'm hoping to have some time to spend on this again in the coming days and was wondering if you had any tips for how to minimise damage when prying the damn thing apart?
Cheers