Netflix and Coby MID1126

mamacee

Feb 26, 2012
I cant get netflix to work with my new MID1126 tablet. My gmail keeps giving me an error saying there is no phone associated with this account. I don't have a phone I have a tablet. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi mamacee, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread over to the Coby Generation 2 section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you get your Netflix and Gmail working. Good luck!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I cant get netflix to work with my new MID1126 tablet. My gmail keeps giving me an error saying there is no phone associated with this account. I don't have a phone I have a tablet. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?
Thanks

netflix should work just fine, get the new version from the market works great on my 8125, as far as the error you received I have never seen that one, I do have a cell phone on my account an about 5 tablets, I always use the same market account on all my devices.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Netflix v1.2.1 or 1.2.2 no longer work for streaming Netflix video.

Download the Netflix.apk from Apktop.com. You should be able to find v1.5.2, v1.6 and v1.7 The reason I suggest earlier versions will become apparent in a minute. I am running stock Android 2.3.3 on a Kyros 8125 and on a 1126.

On the 8125 Netflix v1.7 runs well with just a small audio/video sync mismatch. I normally feed the 8125 output to a flat screen TV through the HDMI port and plug headphones into the audio jack to silence the tablet speakers (which also are slightly out of sync with the HDMI audio.) I also run Keep WiFi to minimize loss of the WiFi connection.

The 1126 has proven to be somewhat of a headache. Netflix v1.7 loads and runs fine (after a lengthy download) but the audio/video sync is terrible, off by more than a second. Netflix v1.6 is only slightly better.

Netflix v1.5.2 loads and syncs well with two problems that can be worked around. If the HDMI output is connected, the video on the LCD screen 'rips' and jumps (although the HDMI outputs is fine.) Second if the pause and rewind the video the cached video will give you a black screen both internally and externally. The only solution is reboot the tablet. If you don't pause, you can scroll forward or backward within the video.

I'm happy with both tablets and use the 8125 regularly to stream netflix. For my primary tablet I ahve upgraded to a Acer Iconia A500 currently running Android 3.2.1 (with 4.0.1 soon to come.) Netflix v1.7 works well on thsi machine. Limited support for Android 2.3 and for the Coby products seems to be the limiting factor and i suspect one of more of the guru's on this or other forums will find a permanent fix.

Last edited: