Netflix anyone?

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011

Tried it, 100% working.. bye, watching movies on my NC!

Last edited by a moderator:

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I did this and everything plays fast. It sounds like the chipmunks. I'm on CM7 86. I tried the stock kernel and Dalingrin's latest... thoughts?

Asmodeus

Apr 12, 2011
I did this and everything plays fast. It sounds like the chipmunks. I'm on CM7 86. I tried the stock kernel and Dalingrin's latest... thoughts?
if you have this problem, even with the modified APK, you need to modify build.prop

Change device to HTC Vision (from NookColor)
Change manufacturer to HTC (from bn)

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Actually, all I did was modify the build prop. I did this on an early version of CM7 and it worked fine. When I updated to 87 and then changed the build prop again, I get chipmunks.

Asmodeus

Apr 12, 2011
Well, I switched to the updated Netflix app (theofficial version that no longer does a device check) and got chipmunks on nightly 87. Edited build.prop and it now works properly.

Sent from my CM7 using Android Tablet Forum

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
Well, I switched to the updated Netflix app (theofficial version that no longer does a device check) and got chipmunks on nightly 87. Edited build.prop and it now works properly.

Sent from my CM7 using Android Tablet Forum

I just followed huskermania's YouTube video. All I had to do was change two fields in the build prop. Did you change more than that?

Asmodeus

Apr 12, 2011
No, just the two properties I described previously.

Which application did you use to edit build.prop? Are you sure that your edits were saved? And did you reboot?

Sent from my private hell using Android Tablet Forum

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
I used es file explorer, it did save, and I did reboot. I changed ro.product.model to Nexus S and ro.product.manufacturer to samsung.

Asmodeus

Apr 12, 2011
As strange as it seems, try setting the former to Vision and the latter to HTC. There have been posts here and on other forums saying it makes a difference.

Sent from my living room using Android Tablet Forum

stormbringer

Jul 20, 2011
I cant even see the netflix app in the market. And I cant edit my build.prop file because the system says its read only.

I cant even chmod 666 with it either. Still says read only file system

Anybody got any ideas?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
What ROM or B&N version are you running? Netflix requires Android 2.3 or higher which means rooted B&N 1.2 or a custom ROM built on 2.3 or higher.

stormbringer

Jul 20, 2011
I'm running CM7.0.3, Android 2.3.3

Ive been able to use ES File Explorer to move the file to my sdcard and edit it but I cannot copy it back. I also can't save it when i use the terminal and edit it with vi. I would very much like to know how I can edit my files. The command line reports that it is a read only file system and I cant seem to change privileges even as super user.

Thanks!

Last edited:

stormbringer

Jul 20, 2011
I was able to edit the file by remounting the filesystem.

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblk3 /system