Netflix App on Coby Kyros MID7024 - still not working

danbo72

Sep 30, 2011
This is an amazing forum to discuss our tablets! It has been very informative and I am looking forward to adding some helpful input as soon as I get more aquanted with my tablet but in the mean time......I cannot for the life of me get the netflix app to work on my Coby Kyros MID7024. I have tried different versions of the app from Coby's app store and from android market place.

I haven't gone as far as rooting the device since I have read some posts that have said it is not needed. I have also read posts that said even though Netflix claims it work on all Android 2.2 devices (as of this Sept), the claim should really be more like 80%.

So I am wondering if there is some genius out there that has found out how to get this app running on this tablet would share?? It is the only thing I have left to get working on this no frills yet intriguingly addictive device!

Danbo

realsis

Sep 19, 2011
Yes, I got netflix up and running today. I got the link from getandroidstuff.com. they provide three download links. I found the middle link to work perfectly. I believe it says device disabled or something to that effect by the link. Once you install the link it will tell you there is an upgrade. Do NOT upgrade just hit cancel. Your netflix will be up and running. Its that easy , thank God. The video quality and sound is great! I'm very happy I got it up and running. I was having nothing but trouble until I discovered this link. My tablet is a coby kyros 7024 and it is NOT rooted. I do have adobe flash 10.3 installed. I found the middle link to be the only working link for me. The other two did not work for my tablet. I hope I've helped you and hope you will be enjoying your netflix soon.

danbo72

Sep 30, 2011
Yes, I got netflix up and running today. I got the link from getandroidstuff.com. they provide three download links. I found the middle link to work perfectly. I believe it says device disabled or something to that effect by the link. Once you install the link it will tell you there is an upgrade. Do NOT upgrade just hit cancel. Your netflix will be up and running. Its that easy , thank God. The video quality and sound is great! I'm very happy I got it up and running. I was having nothing but trouble until I discovered this link. My tablet is a coby kyros 7024 and it is NOT rooted. I do have adobe flash 10.3 installed. I found the middle link to be the only working link for me. The other two did not work for my tablet. I hope I've helped you and hope you will be enjoying your netflix soon.

You are going to have to be more specifi. I looked on getandroidstuff.com and I can't find it. Dou you have a link?

Thanks

DrGadget

Oct 2, 2011
This is an amazing forum to discuss our tablets! It has been very informative and I am looking forward to adding some helpful input as soon as I get more aquanted with my tablet but in the mean time......I cannot for the life of me get the netflix app to work on my Coby Kyros MID7024. I have tried different versions of the app from Coby's app store and from android market place.

I haven't gone as far as rooting the device since I have read some posts that have said it is not needed. I have also read posts that said even though Netflix claims it work on all Android 2.2 devices (as of this Sept), the claim should really be more like 80%.

So I am wondering if there is some genius out there that has found out how to get this app running on this tablet would share?? It is the only thing I have left to get working on this no frills yet intriguingly addictive device!

Danbo

Sorry dude!Netflix is only available to us customers at this time but I contacted netflix canada and they said they were going to release a canadian version soon.(didn't say when tho).I'm also waiting for it.

danbo72

Sep 30, 2011
Do you mean the android app? Netflix is available in Canada for the Wii, Iphon and PC, MAC, etc...... I have been using it for almost a year and loving it! I just wish I could get it for my tablet...

coleslaaw

Oct 10, 2011

thank you! these instructions worked perfectly and i am watching Netflix on mid7024 now...picture is CLEAR, sound is loud and it streams smoothly

link:
http://getandroidstuff.com/download-netflix-apk-hacked-work-on-most-android-devices/

c
lick the link in the MIDDLE

Last edited:

dtablet

Oct 13, 2011
I have the same issue, I cant access Netflix. I have tried the link below but it has not worked. Any suggestions?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Oneroi

Sep 28, 2012
Netflix apk - APKTOP go there i had the same problem and couldn`t find an answer anywhere amazon didn`t have the app in the app-store for this device. the version available on 1mobile didn`t work so i decided to try to look around and mb download it to my pc then manually transfer it through usb. i was in luck. download the 1.7.0 apk. after i transferred it to the 7042 and installed it it told me there was an update so i tried to update netflix but that didnt work out well, so i canceled because it kept freezing. tried to open it without updating the netflix app works fine :) Don`t update it after you install. also i stopped all apps that were running in the backgound that i didn`t need at the time and cleared cache on them as well. Hope this helps.

Last edited: