Netflix Chipmunks fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Anyone know of a fix that works? I've tried to follow the threads over at XDA, but those people have serious ADD...

beastman

May 8, 2011
Editing /system/build.prop fixed it for me. I changed manufacture to HTC Vision.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
k, I'll give it a shot.. If that don't fix it, I'm ditching CM7100 and going back to what worked perfectly before. Thanks =)

beastman

May 8, 2011
I running nightly or stable!? I'm running nightly on my gtablet. On my evo currently.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Currently it's nightly 100. Previously, it was something like 85. I've still got it on my booter card, so I can go back to what worked well before.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Didn't work, went back to cm770, still don't work. Hating my NC right about now.

bike2002

May 5, 2011
This is a known problem and solutions are available.
All of these solutions are actually doing one thing: that is to modify the build.prop file.

If you are running CM7 off emmc, you can download the nooknetflixfixer apk from here:

Nook Netflix Fixer - xda-developers

If you are running CM7 off microSD, then you can either use the mod from Chisleu:

[CM7 MOD]Chisleu's CM7 Mod (6/10 for n98) - xda-developers

or use the mod from Projektdotnet:

[CM7 MOD]Projekt Mod aka Chipmunk Fix - xda-developers

Good luck.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Search xda and download a version from them

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

I've downloaded everything I can find over at XDA and either they say "you must upgrade" and then take me to the market and tell me the new version can't be found, or they run and sound like chipmunks. I even found one that told me it couldn't connect to the Netflix servers.

This is a known problem and solutions are available.
All of these solutions are actually doing one thing: that is to modify the build.prop file.

If you are running CM7 off emmc, you can download the nooknetflixfixer apk from here:

Nook Netflix Fixer - xda-developers

If you are running CM7 off microSD, then you can either use the mod from Chisleu:

[CM7 MOD]Chisleu's CM7 Mod (6/10 for n98) - xda-developers

or use the mod from Projektdotnet:

[CM7 MOD]Projekt Mod aka Chipmunk Fix - xda-developers

Good luck.

I've done the build.prop modification by hand already and had no luck with it.

I even went so far as to call Netflix and was told that due to the Nook Color being an unauthorized device, the chipmunking was being done intentionally. Frankly, I'm about ready to drop Netflix and wash my hands of it.

bike2002

May 5, 2011
Please wait.
Now assuming that you have modified the file correctly, and have double checked that the file has been modified, then what you need is a GOOD Netflix client, because even Netflix clients are not born equal (at least to nook color).

Please check if you are using this Netflix client:

com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
Please wait.
Now assuming that you have modified the file correctly, and have double checked that the file has been modified, then what you need is a GOOD Netflix client, because even Netflix clients are not born equal (at least to nook color).

Please check if you are using this Netflix client:

com.netflix.mediaclient-2.apk

Yeap, that's the one that keeps telling me it can't find the servers when I know full well, it can. I know this because just moments earlier I'm watching the Crow at chipmunk speed. Then I install that one, it can't find the server. Then I install one of the others and I'm back to chipmunk speed. So it's not a connection problem.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds like you are dealing with the trials of an unsupported device and they have said as much. It is weird because some have the chipmunk issue and some do not. Granted I'm on plian CM7 but Netflix has worked from the get go straight from Market with no issues. Do you also have the latest Flash? Not sure if that makes a difference.

JP

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I checked and my Flash was indeed outdated. I can't hit Netflix from here at work, but I'll try it when I get home.

RaVenJ

Jan 24, 2011
I fired up the hotspot on my phone so I could check it.. It's now working. Must have been my Flash version. Weird. Ohwell, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.