Netflix "Connection Failed" message.

indieaz

Jun 14, 2011
EDIT: i resolved this by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.I'm running the latest CM7 on my tablet. Installed netflix app, ti was working fantastic on Saturday/Sunady and i watched a few movies.Yesterday, I go to launch the app and it sits at the opening Netflix window for about 60 seconds then finally says "Connection Failed. You can retry the connection by pressing the retry button." Retrying never works...and it always times out. I can browse the web fine, access gmail, google maps and every other application using internet connectivity is working fine. Anyone run into this before? Any thoughts on how I might proceed with troubleshooting?

Last edited:

beastman

May 8, 2011
I'm running Cyanogenmod "nightly" though no updates since 5/25. I just tried and Netflix worked fine.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
yes have had this happen before.. do you notice if your wifi indicator is white or colored when this happens.. there is something going on with the way network data is utilized in gingerbread... if it's white it wont connect i've actually had it lock to where the wifi won't communicate at al and had to reboot one time had to go as far as to to a cache wipe in clockwork to resolve it...

I don't think this is necessarily CM7 I believe it's a gingerbread issue accross the board... my droidX does it as well when switching between 3g and wifi or if it is woke up from none use but not the degreee of locking all com's..

Last edited: