netflix freezing

creektrails

Jun 24, 2012
Writing this from my wifes vi40 . She is having/ a problem with netflix starting but then freezing. The screen pixelates then freezes every time. This hapens about a minute in. Iam going to try the new firmware if I can get it to insall. Anyone had this issue? Do I npeed acustom rom?

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi
this is the second instance of this I've hear of, I have a VI40 and have had no problems whatsoever with netfix on any version of firmware, you don't say where you are could this be a geographical problem? anyway I have been running V1.1 vanilla for the last fortnight or so and have had no problem with netflix, hope this helps, if not I have also tried V 1.2 angel and V1.2 onda stock firmware both of which seemed fine for netfix.

Good luck

creektrails

Jun 24, 2012
I have downloaded the 1.2 firmware but I dont know how to install it. I live in Kentucky but in a metro area. Geography shouldnt have anything to do with my netflix. It does fine on my other devices including my android phone.

gooof

Jun 30, 2012
I have a Vi40 v3 elite with 16GB.

I have downloaded and installed firmware v1.2OTA and it still freezes Netflix exactly as described above.

YouTube plays video just fine, as does TED Talks app. In fact, I can watch the same TED Talks item perfectly on the TED app, and then try that very same item on NetFlix and it freezes immediately upon "buffering" which is 10 seconds into the show, with audio, but no video, then stops the audio tool

I can also watch an on-line streaming movie on Google Play rental perfectly.

Only NetFlix pixelates, stops video, plays only audio until it says "buffering" and then stops the audio too.

I have also downloaded and installed the latest Netflix app, the one that's supposed to have a fix for Android Jellybean, to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Have had this problem on a few devices, I always just wait for Netfix updates that correct the problem.
Had it happen on one phone and tablet, have the problem now on a ICOO D50 tablet. Just a matter of time before a update comes in that makes it work properly..

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

gooof

Jun 30, 2012
So, I installed the 1.4 update to my Elite, even though the site says it's not for Elite, but for Ultimate. v1.4 works perfectly on Elite, and solves the Netflix freeze problem AND got FULL MARKET (ie I no longer see "this device not supported"), BUT, to get it to work....

First upon trying to install 1.4 I got an error about the 1.4 upgrade. Then, upon forcing the install, got a Dead Droid icon, and after that, a reboot showed that the 1.4 update did not take.

I got 1.4 to work by doing a "format" install from LiveSuit of v1.2, and after that, before doing ANYTHING else, immediately upgraded to v1.4 with LiveSuit. Now my tablet is running 1.4, even though it's an Elite, and Netflix no longer freezes! :)

Obviously, before doing the v1.2 "format" install, I backed up my whole internal SD, and then restored that after v1.4 was working.