Netflix???? Help!!

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by AMV, Nov 25, 2011.

1. AMV

AMV Member

Tablet / Device:
    None, yet
    I am trying to buy a couple of tablets for Christmas gifts (and maybe myself) and am amazed at all of the cheap prices I am finding for Android devices. Money is tight this year and it would be great if I could give these as gifts and not have to shell out several hundred dollars apiece. My phone is Android, and I really want to stay with an Android device. So I have being doing research on what they can do. I am finding conflicting information about playing Netflix on some of these. Several sites say that either the app isn't available or that if you do install it, it is very slow. I don't want to buy several of these just to find out that they can't do much.

Maybe I am over analyzing this and Netflix will work on most devices??? I am getting nervous that I am waiting too long to make this decision. All of the cheap tablets are sold out on Best Buy (Coby, Pandigital). I have found a site advertised from this forum that has several 7 inch tablets with 2.2 or 2.3 for under $100 - 7 inch 1080P HD Android 2.2 tablet PC 1GHz CPU WiFi 32GB TF Card Slot - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China

It seems that Honeycomb will allow Netflix to always work? Is that correct? what about those running 2.2 or 2.3 - or is it device specific? I have also looked on Netflix's site to see if I can find out which devices run Netflix, with no luck. Also looked on the Android Market to see if I can find info. Really frustrating because usually I can find the answer to technical questions with a little searching. I would sure appreciate any help! :confused:

2. Daphne

Daphne Member

I am wondering the same thing and driving myself bonkers over it.

3. AMV

AMV Member

Tablet / Device:
    None, yet
    :) Glad I am not the only one!

4. photoweborama

photoweborama Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby MID 7012
    Do a search. User "ResidentEvil" posted an older version that works on most anything. He only removed the auto update check.

It works great for me.