Netflix on A500

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
OK. So netflix just released their android app. It works great on my Evo. I immediately found a fix to make it work on my Nook Color. It works great on my NC. Now we need a fix for the A500. I'm looking forward to you guys smarter than me figuring it out. :)

freakaphex

Apr 28, 2011
Yeah I seen that.. Ever sense I got my A500 I have been waiting for it to be on there. It would be really nice for not only myself the kids too :) Hopefully soon we will see this for ALL android devices..

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
It looks great on my Evo but I don't watch movies on my Evo. I would only use it for account management. What a waste!

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
I downloaded the .apk for it and installed it successfully. When I opened it, it said the A500 isn't supported but it let me log in and see the app and my queue. But hitting play gets you the same not supported message...oh well, maybe they'll get to us sooner than later!

kes601

May 23, 2011
It'll probably coincide with whenever we see the Honeycomb 3.1 update.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

fweiss09

Jun 14, 2011
related question, has anyone heard info about hbogo and when that will be available on the acer?

v62cobra

May 1, 2011
If you search for it, it won't come up in the market. We will have to wait. Too bad because it's one of my favorite apps.

Mighty_Zeus

Jun 16, 2011
XDA Forums has a few variations of the apk. I have it loaded and functioning great on mine :)

It still tells me that my device is not compatible when I start it up, but that does not prevent the app from working.

Cheers

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1076150

wolfganggold

May 11, 2011
Mighty_Zeus, which apk did you install? Is your device rooted? are you using the stock rom?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2011
The app starts up but won't play videos...only queue support and browsing around. The player needs something else to start up and as of now it seems people are getting mixed results.

drozas

May 1, 2011
Same here. Everything except watching videos works well. Since I don't have a case and haven't left the house with my tab, it's convenient for checking my que while watching TV or movies.

Sent from my A500