Netflix update on the 7012

ResidentEvil

Nov 6, 2011
My 7012 says there is an update for Netflix , has anybody downloaded it yet? When I try it goes to the market and then says"The requested item could not be found" :mad: I have version 1.5.1 build 367-137

ResidentEvil

Nov 6, 2011
ok never mind I had to go to the Market itself and do the update ,It wouldn't do it from the Netflix app.So now we have version 1.5.2 lets see if it's smoother now.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Are you sure that the 800MHz ARM11 in 7012 is supposed to play Netflix videos without problems? IMO it seems to be underpowered to such task...

Also, it has just 256MB of RAM, right? You may need to close every other app for Netflix app to run smoother.

ResidentEvil

Nov 6, 2011
Are you sure that the 800MHz ARM11 in 7012 is supposed to play Netflix videos without problems? IMO it seems to be underpowered to such task...

Also, it has just 256MB of RAM, right? You may need to close every other app for Netflix app to run smoother.

ok I will try to run it with other apps closed

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
The 7012 just does not have enough power to run Netflix.
I just installed the latest, and on my 7012 and it is still unwatchable.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Sometimes latest isn't the best: an older version my have fewer features but may run content that is more suitable to your device. If it worked in the past, try reverting to an older version.

ResidentEvil

Nov 6, 2011
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to xda developers site and loaded netflix 1.2.1 apk and BAM!!!!!! It works Perfect ,clear ,nice ....can you tell im Happy ...lol and I loaded EQ from the market to boost the sound ...sweeeeeet

Thanks for the Idea "Ifom"

Last edited:

klprlp927

Nov 18, 2011
I just bought 2 of these (7012) for my kids for Christmas - I've been playing around with them to see what they are capable of. I really want Netflix to work on this tablet but I can't even find the app in Getjar. So far the only thing I'm finding is that I am apparently tablet stupid - lol. You all seem to know what's what - could you please walk me through whatever I need to get Netflix on my tablets?

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I just bought 2 of these (7012) for my kids for Christmas - I've been playing around with them to see what they are capable of. I really want Netflix to work on this tablet but I can't even find the app in Getjar. So far the only thing I'm finding is that I am apparently tablet stupid - lol. You all seem to know what's what - could you please walk me through whatever I need to get Netflix on my tablets?

Go back two posts on this same thread and you'll see the link that ResidentEvil posted for the Netflix file, install it and it should work for you too, since you got the same tablet.
gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

klprlp927

Nov 18, 2011
Go back two posts on this same thread and you'll see the link that ResidentEvil posted for the Netflix file, install it and it should work for you too, since you got the same tablet.
gg

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

I tried that link - the download was unsuccessful. I'm guessing I need the app installed first but I can't find an app that I'm able to download. The tablet has getjar on it - no netflix app that I have found, I tried android market - it seems to require me to have an android phone account activated in order to download and I dont have an android phone. So any suggestions on where to find a netflix app that I can download?

trad128

Nov 18, 2011
I tried that link - the download was unsuccessful. I'm guessing I need the app installed first but I can't find an app that I'm able to download. The tablet has getjar on it - no netflix app that I have found, I tried android market - it seems to require me to have an android phone account activated in order to download and I dont have an android phone. So any suggestions on where to find a netflix app that I can download?

look at post #60. I followed that one for my MID7012 and it worked. I created a new Google g-mail account for this tablet.