Netflix update

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
Netflix released an update late last night that makes the app compatible for all Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices..... but still not for our vtab. Can somebody 'splain that one to me?

I sideloaded a Netflix apk a few weeks ago and its been working fine, except for streaming. But now it tells me that a new update for Netflix is available and tries to download it from they market when I launch the app. But when the market version loads, there's no Update option and the market indicates its not compatible for the vtab. This is getting ridiculous and annoying.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I was able to install 1.4 from the link and I no longer get the circular loop of being asked to upgrade the client. But I still get the infamous and totally uncool error 1006 when trying to stream. Does Netflix really not know about the Vizio tablet? Seems like they would since the two have a working relationship for Vizio's Internet enabled lcd product line.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

marvin02

Aug 25, 2011
I got a chance to try the new Netflix apk and get the same results as sora72. 1006 error.

It would be nice if this worked. :)

K.B.

Sep 1, 2011
Talked to Vizio online chat yesterday and the representative stated that the server should be up & running next week. My original question was in regards to the recent Netflix update for all Android devices running versions 2.2 & 2.3 and would it be working for the VTAB and if not, when? I will take this with a grain of salt but it seems like it should be ready soon. When I called about the same issue a week ago I was told that senior level managers were testing it out and wanted to make sure that it was ready for a bug-free release. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

sdspieg

Sep 11, 2011
chat_enduser_message.png
: i asked about support for netflix - it works on almost all gingerbread devices, except for the vizio
chat_agent.png
: Netflix at this time does not work on the tablets. Netflix is working on getting the system so the tablets can support their application.
chat_enduser_message.png
: and what's the timing on that?
chat_agent.png
: It is currently being looked at but no date on when they are going to release that update.

I don't quite get this - Netflix DOES of course work on tablets. Does anybody understand this? Also what is the deal with the answer K.B. got: what server are they talking about?

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
Yeah, I don't understand the "server" comment either. Who's server? Vizio's or Netflix's? And why does it matter and how is it relevant to the vtab since other tablets and phones work fine?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum