Netflix video

mrtrussell

Mar 13, 2012
Just bought a Zenithink c71 and installed the Netflix app from Google Play. When it is isn't buffering all I can get is the audio. Can someone help me find the video?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
netflix for me works great on all my tablets running 2.3.4 but wont work very well on 4.0 or above what OS do you have?

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Which version of the Netflix apk do you have? I am running Netflix v1.7 on my Acer Iconia A500 under Android 3.2.1 with no problems. Now I'm wondering what happens when I do the factory upgrade to ICS 4.0.1 next month.

I have difficulties with two different Coby Kyros tablets, both running Android 2.3.3. The Kyros 8125 has a slight delay with Netflix v1.7, but runs perfectly with v1.6. I found various versions of the Netflix apk on Apktop.com.

However, the Kyros 1126 has a multisecond delay between audio and video using v1.7 or 1.6. Running Netflix 1.5.2, the audio and video sync properly, but if I pause and back up the video, I get a black screen until the video catches up to where I left off. The only solution to restart the video at the beginning is to return to start and pause, then close Netflix AND reboot the tablet.

Not fun...

Last edited:

Tokyokid

Mar 26, 2012
My Asus TF101 with ICS said netflix was not installed when clicking on the icon. I recently updated from honeycomb to ICS, so the old netflix app needed to be updated.

I was able to find the updated netflix app through a google search (I couldn't find it in a google play search). The search terms were: Android, netflix, apk. From there, I was able to open the google play website (not the google play app) and install the netflix app. It appears to be tablet optimized since it appears similar to my iPad 2's version, i.e., it doesn't look like my xperia X10's netflix phone app.

Now it works.

So, I am thinking you may not have an up-to-date netflix app for your ICS.